    BAT file that I want to open 30 Internet Explorer windows simultaneously to
    30 different sites, but it runs so fast that only the last two windows open.

    Thanks

    jowl, Jul 6, 2003

  2. jowl

    °Mike° Guest

    WTF! Why on earth do you want to open 30 windows at once?

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003

  3. jowl

    °Mike° Guest

    Please explain why you want to open 30 windows simultaneously.

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  4. jowl

    jowl Guest

    no.

    jowl, Jul 6, 2003
  5. jowl

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Then ask if there is a wait command, not a pause command.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 6, 2003
  6. jowl

    Steve Foley Guest

    Why not open a window, copy a large file, open another window, etc. etc.

    The other thing you need to check is if it works doing it by hand, or if the
    command you use to open the window will actually open a third one.

    Steve Foley, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Howdy!

    Depending on your version of Windows, you might need to find the
    PROMPT command.

    But if it's there, you can use

    CHOICE Press any key /T:2,Y /C:YN

    which will wait for two seconds, then act like you pressed the 'Y'
    key.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 6, 2003
  8. jowl

    WK Guest

    Hi,

    I once made a small executeble (wait.exe) that pauses the execution in your
    batch file. The syntax is:
    wait <time in msec>
    so
    "wait 5000" in your batchfile pauses 5 seconds.

    Maybe this will help you. I've mailed you the zipped file (8 kB).

    Bye,

    Wim van der Kooij
    Netherlands

    WK, Jul 6, 2003
  9. jowl

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
    Reading the thread, I can fully understand why you feel that way - it is
    exactly what I was thinking.

    "The shifty guy in the corner looks like he's up to no good."

    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003
  10. jowl

    °Mike° Guest

    I find it amazing that so many people were willing to give
    advice for something that could easily be used for nefarious
    purposes. At least none of them actually gave the best answer.

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  11. jowl

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
    I won't ask what they *should* have replied ;-)

    "I ain't *that* dumb".

    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003
  12. jowl

    Mara Guest

    Apparently I missed something? I haven't been following this thread.

    "Just as well, perhaps."

    Mara, Jul 6, 2003
  13. jowl

    °Mike° Guest

    You didn't miss much. Just somebody wanting a way to open
    thirty IE screens simultaneously, but wouldn't say why.

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  14. jowl

    Mara Guest

    I can only think of one reason, offhand - mainly because it's the kind of thing
    I've had to fight before, on other boxen.

    "The question is not worth an answer."

    Mara, Jul 6, 2003
  15. jowl

    °Mike° Guest

    Yoo fighten disen ting on meny boxen, huh?

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  16. jowl

    Jimchip Guest

    Yoo fighten disen ting on meny boxen, eh?

    Jimchip, Jul 6, 2003
  17. jowl

    °Mike° Guest

    Hey, waddaya know, it translates quite well.

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  18. jowl

    Mara Guest

    You guys are gonna get me in trouble with this thread.

    "So, I refuse to reply."

    Mara, Jul 6, 2003
  19. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:51:21
    -0500, Mara uttered this:
    LOL!

    William Poaster, Jul 6, 2003
  20. jowl

    jowl Guest

    well, if you must know... the reason why i want to open around 30 screens
    simultaneously is that i'm a weather forecaster. when i wake up early in
    the morning, i need to look at a lot of information in a short amount of
    time. i have a folder on my links bar with around 30 weather links that i
    look at every morning. a lot of these take a long time to download, so i
    wanted a way to be able to click on one button, go make my morning coffee,
    and have everything sitting there open instead of going through, literally,
    around 50 mouseclicks.

    jowl, Jul 7, 2003