Basic Config help needed 1841 Router 2 ethernet

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by corb, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. corb

    corb Guest

    Hi, I am attempting to configure an 1841 with 2 Ethernet connections and am
    unable to get things working with a simple config.

    My setup is :

    External IP Ethernet 0 - Internal IP Ethernet 1 NAT 10.0.0.X/24

    Below is the config can someone notice any mistakes?.

    I'm trying to replace an Belkin router with the 1841

    Any help would be appreciated

    thanks.

    !

    version 12.4

    service timestamps debug datetime msec

    service timestamps log datetime msec

    no service password-encryption

    !

    hostname 1841-Energy_centre

    !

    boot-start-marker

    boot-end-marker

    !

    enable secret 5 $1$mDzN$iWCpz4fKcx5PIOf6pwgBs0

    enable password 123tcp45

    !

    no aaa new-model

    ip cef

    !

    !

    !

    !

    !

    !

    !

    !

    !

    !

    !

    !

    interface FastEthernet0/0

    ip address 62.49.X.X 255.255.255.240

    ip nat outside

    ip virtual-reassembly

    duplex auto

    speed auto

    !

    interface FastEthernet0/1

    ip address 10.0.0.254 255.255.255.0

    ip nat inside

    ip virtual-reassembly

    speed auto

    full-duplex

    no mop enabled

    !

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 62.49.X.X

    !

    no ip http server

    no ip http secure-server

    ip nat inside source list 15 interface FastEthernet0/0 overload

    !

    access-list 15 permit 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255

    !

    !

    control-plane

    !

    !

    line con 0

    line aux 0

    line vty 0 4

    password XXXXX

    login

    !

    scheduler allocate 20000 1000

    end

    corb, Feb 15, 2007

  2. corb

    Brian V Guest

    Config is fine, no problems with it.

    What type of device is the outside interface patching in to? If a cable
    modem you would need to power it off for about 2 minutes to clear it's MAC
    table, most only allow a single MAC and the Belkins may be cached in there.

    What does a show interface say? Are they both up and up?

    From the router itself can you ping your default gateway?

    Brian V, Feb 15, 2007

  3. corb

    corb Guest

    Hi thanks for the reply.

    Its and ADSL modem so at the mo there is an ADSL modem device with external
    IP address- Ethernet - Belikin ethernet router with external IP (this works
    fine)

    yes both interfaces were up and up, couldnt ping default gateway.

    corb, Feb 15, 2007