    0
    No.. Mike can read can't he? Have him get his narrow behind in here. Yeesh! I don't even know Mike's email address.
    BTW: Checking with the podBB site, it appears there's no fix for this, they aren't even aware of it. Ugh.

    The Modfather, Oct 7, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    mike owns podBB :p

    unholy, Oct 7, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I thought Mike was the guy who owned this site...??? Or are they the same person?
    PodBB is a hack for phpBB, so I'm confused. They're obviously two different people, right?
    Anyway, I'd go back to standard phpBB and forget the hack, if it's preventing new users from joining it's not really such a good idea, ya know?

    The Modfather, Oct 8, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Ok heres the problem...
    Its has nothing to do with PodBB but something to do with the DB, mikes already tried putting up phpBB didn't fix it (remember that error u's got awhile ago?)
    Mike runs PodBB (same mike as the owner here)
    He is trying to save up abit of money to get us another vbulletin license.

    unholy, Oct 9, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    vbulletin won't solve the problem if it's in the database, if that's the problem then he's going to have to do one of two things.
    1. Rebuild the whole database.
    2. Switch hosting services.
    I'm going to assume it's an MySQL database, since that's the most common. If it's the hosting service that has the problem then there's little he can do to fix it. VBulletin is a freaking joke actually. You pay for something that's essentially a complete ripoff of phpBB without the ability to customize it as much. I say screw those ripoff artists.
    I really doubt that it's a database problem because of the error that's reporting back (i.e. banning on signup). The database doesn't have anything at all to do with that, that's all a function of the forum software. Since I use phpBB on many different sites and have never had this happen, I'm tending to still lean towards it being a problem with the pod hack, since that's the difference between this site and a stock phpBB site.

    The Modfather, Oct 9, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I will get mike to switch it to normal phpBB, and see if its fully functional ok?

    unholy, Oct 9, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, that's a step in the right direction at least. If that doesn't work, here's a suggestion. Install a clean copy of phpBB on the server and post a link to it here, if we can log in to it as new users then we know it's not the database itself that's at fault.

    The Modfather, Oct 10, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I will tell mike, he still doesn't think its his Mod ""hack""

    unholy, Oct 10, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Of course he doesn't. He wrote it and would like to think he knows everything it would do and understand why it couldn't be the problem. I can understand that line of thinking. But ya know, when you eliminate all other possibilities, whatever is left, no matter how improbible, must be the truth. Or at least, some smart guy said that once. :)

    The Modfather, Oct 11, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    now mikes an inverse of me, i know the problems in my games :p... and i attempt to fix them :p one is that it makes ur computer bluescreen if u hit the z button :p

    unholy, Oct 11, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    which game was that in? Remind me never to buy any games from UnholyStudios :p

    XhArD, Oct 11, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    u dont buy games from unholystudios, u play them. :p i aint charging, Donations only :p

    unholy, Oct 11, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I meant in the future, not now.

    XhArD, Oct 11, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    ...bzzt! Topic infringment, 10 yard penalty!

    The Modfather, Oct 11, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    10 yard penalty!????????
    man theres no "10 yard penalty!" policy here.
    Yes in the future and now i am not going to charge people to play games i make, they only donate (they would get free stuff normally in the games that a MMO) But then still it doesn't cost more then Half runescape prices to pay for a premium game use (extra stuff)

    unholy, Oct 12, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    yeah. But if you are gonna make any GOOD gamems that are worthwhile playing, you're gonna need funding.

    XhArD, Oct 12, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    ummm runescape neva had funding, it made some people want to play it.
    i am currently trying to make a cross between Never Winter Nights, Tibia (some of the good things about tibia), runescape and baldurs gate. :D

    unholy, Oct 12, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Good luck to you on that :|

    XhArD, Oct 13, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Again, what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

    The Modfather, Oct 13, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    and what does the price of tea in China have to do with people being banned on signup? We've changed topic dude... :p

    XhArD, Oct 13, 2005