Bandwidth test

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Andrew Halpern, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. For some reason I can't get an accurate bandwidth test. It keeps saying i'm
    off the charts!

    Andrew Halpern, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Andrew Halpern

    Toolman Tim Guest

    And the question is???

    Okay...I realize it didn't say "brainwidth" test, but if you post in a
    "helpdesk" newsgroup, I'd assume you need "help", but maybe you could
    provide something for us to start with.

    Like what bandwidth - network, Internet, rubber? (Sorry...can't resist
    stupid puns.)

    How have you been trying to test whatever it is you are trying to test?

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Andrew Halpern

    Guest Guest

    In which direction? :)

    Guest, Apr 10, 2004
  4. Andrew Halpern

    Earl Brown Guest

    I live up in canada my isp poleaxed my line card. Now at the same time
    everyone else got their speed upgraded. I did get upgraded but i was pulling
    most of the isp's bandwidth. Now i pay $59.95 a month for less speed than
    the people that pay $29.95. They also put me on interleaved from fast path.
    I'm like next-door to the central office on a perfectly clean line. The
    house is brand new the underground phone lines are about 6 months old. I
    repeat this is canada this is how they do things up here. I got off the
    charts for about 4 days now i get 1st class sucker on the test sites.

    Earl Brown, Apr 11, 2004