    How can i test the real bandwidth?

    Thank you
    Guercio

    guercio, Dec 16, 2007

  2. guercio

    Bod43 Guest

    With a lot of computers?
    With a dedicated tester such as a Smartbits?

    Bod43, Dec 17, 2007

  3. guercio

    alexd Guest

    Ordinarily I'd suggest 'iperf' which is a PC-based tester; however I
    suspect it's going to take one hell of a PC - or several - to saturate a
    20Gbps link.

    alexd, Dec 17, 2007
  4. guercio

    x Guest

    If you make a loop in the equipment in test and insert traffic, it is a
    matter of time to get a broadcast storm generated, that fullfills the
    bandwith of all interfaces, as long as the CPU of the equipment suports it.

    x, Dec 17, 2007
  5. guercio

    alexd Guest

    That's quite ingenious :)

    alexd, Dec 17, 2007
  6. guercio

    bthetford Guest

    If you make a ton of tunnels in tunnels in tunnels, spread over dozens
    of vlans, you can generate an ungodly amount of traffic from a single
    ping.
    I've seen a 100 byte ping over fast ethernet between two devices that
    were directly connected take over 2 hours.
    Learn your tcl scripting and get to making those tunnels. ;)

    bthetford, Dec 20, 2007