    hi i got a problem regarding bandwidth resevation in cisco 3560 l3 switch,since rate limit command on that particuler switch is not executed, so i used banwidth reservation command & srr queue banwidth command,but i cannot reserve the bandwidth.So please help me

    thank you

    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
    manik_mondal88, Apr 29, 2008

  2. manik_mondal88

    2k05gt

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2010
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    The 3560 doesnt support applying service policy's on the egress side of the interface. Shaping should work though:

    mls qos
    policy-map Police-3M
    class class-default
    police 4000000 512000 exceed-action drop
    !
    interface FastEthernet1/0/1
    description Police to 4 Mbps
    speed 10
    duplex full

    service-policy input Police-4M
    srr-queue bandwidth limit 40

    The reason why you have to change the speed on the interface is because the
    srr-queue bandwidth limit command only supports a range from 10-90 percent. If we kept the
    default 100m on the interface the lowest we could police it down would be to 10m . Since we hard coded the speed on the interface you have to hardcode the speed/duplex on the endstation.

    2k05gt, Dec 21, 2010

  3. manik_mondal88

    elktron

    Joined: