Bandwidth control

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jon Lawrence, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Jon Lawrence

    Jon Lawrence Guest

    Hi,
    I've got a problem with bandwidth control which I can't find a way around.
    I've got a vlan trunk coming into the router from a cat 5000. The trunk
    contains vlan 10,20,30 and 40.
    I need a ip on vlan 10 to contend bandwidth with 2 ip's on vlan 30.
    Using rate-limit I can contend the 2 ip's on vlan 30, but when I add the
    rate-limit to vlan 10, it doesn't contend with the ones on vlan 30. It
    seems to get it's own amount of bandwidth.

    int vlan 30
    rate-limit access-group 31 256000 <snip>
    int vlan 10
    rate-limit access-group 31 256000 <snip>
    <snip>
    access-list 31 permit 192.168.1.50
    access-list 31 permit 192.168.1.51
    access-list 31 permit 192.168.2.10