    result? The Fed, with all the power of the government, will take large
    ammounts of my money, and give it to someone else. It's not roads, bridges,
    or even pork barrel construction projects. Just a big transfer of money.

    Stormin Mormon, Sep 26, 2008

  2. Stormin Mormon

    Guest Guest

    And this has what to do with photography???

    Guest, Sep 26, 2008

  3. Stormin Mormon

    PeteD Guest

    Lots really, ultimately he will have to pay more for all the services he
    uses and will have less to spend, quite funny really.

    Glad I am not a yank getting screwed over so royally by your own
    government!!

    PeteD, Sep 26, 2008
  4. Stormin Mormon

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    PeteD added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
    Oh, but you are at least somewhat affected by good Brit? friend.
    Since prices paid to finance commercial or retail "paper" are most
    often traded internationally rather than limited strictly to the
    country(s) requiring it, and since the economies of all the world's
    countries no matter the government types are more and more
    intertwined, what any one does, e.g., this week's efforts to get
    the market for mortage securities back running again likely does
    affect your ability to borrow by altering the cost and availability
    of funds as the bucks/pounds flow to the highest bidder.

    This is not at all to say that I either approve or disapprove what
    my government appears to be doing, just that you aren't home free
    quite yet.

    Oh, and it is spelled "Yank". And, I believe you can probably tell
    us some juicy tales of when either Labour or Conservatives have,
    well, screwed over you folks.

    Cheers!

    HEMI-Powered, Sep 26, 2008
  5. Stormin Mormon

    Guest Guest

    Odd the Canadian economy is doing ok, it's just the Americans that are close
    to sinking.

    Guest, Sep 26, 2008
  6. Stormin Mormon

    Pete D Guest

    Aussie actually and we are doing fine thanks. In fact my home mortgage
    rates have fallen recently and are about to drop again. thankfully we bye
    very little from you yanks.

    Pete D, Sep 27, 2008
  7. Stormin Mormon

    Pete D Guest

    The yank market is known to be far more greedy than the canooks.

    Pete D, Sep 27, 2008
  8. Stormin Mormon

    J. Clarke Guest

    But you sell us Triton tools (as Sears Craftsman in addition to under
    the Triton name) and Holden Commodores (as Pontiac G8s) and you used
    to sell us lumber (two years ago jarrah and blue gum and silky oak
    were easy to find in the US, now it's difficult and what there is
    costs three times what it used to). If we can't afford those anymore
    then it's not going to kill you but there's going to be some effect.

    J. Clarke, Sep 27, 2008
  9. Stormin Mormon

    Pete D Guest

    Pete D, Sep 27, 2008
  10. Stormin Mormon

    Pete D Guest

    12 Pontiacs will not worry us too much I am thinking.

    LOL, Triton tools, made in China I think.

    Pete D, Sep 27, 2008
  11. Stormin Mormon

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Pete D added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    You're missing the point it isn't only when you "bye" something
    from the U.S. but, if you'd taken the time to read my entire
    comment, you ARE affected by anything that is upsetting to the
    world's economy which may affect the price or availability of
    credit to people for cars, planes, boats, and houses or for
    busineses to provide jobs and tax revenues. To deny this is to put
    your head in the sand.

    Now, you DO sell things to the U.S., such as entire car lines built
    by Holden for GM ...

    HEMI-Powered, Sep 27, 2008
  12. Stormin Mormon

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Deep Reset added these comments in the current discussion du
    jour ...
    I wouldn't have thought that high, but I'll certainly believe it. I
    should also hasten to add that the excessive deficits driving up
    the national debt of the United States or any country and buys and
    sells it's obligations in the world market place, currency is
    devalued to adjust for the risk involved. If it is only the U.S.'s
    dollar that drops, and it is in freefall, it makes imports from
    Australia cheaper to American buyers but anything American more
    expensive for the Aussies.

    HEMI-Powered, Sep 27, 2008
  13. Stormin Mormon

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Pete D added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    So, what do you think the number is now? If it is more than a
    smattering, then you are affected, depending on the commodity(s)
    purchased include commercial or governmental paper.

    HEMI-Powered, Sep 27, 2008
  14. Stormin Mormon

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    J. Clarke added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    This is correct. WRT Holden, GM's entire line of upcoming RWD cars
    were designed in Australia and use Aussie parts even though many
    are built in the U.S. and Canada. One has only to look to Canada
    whose currency has historically been worth less than the U.S.
    dollar except in very few years such as right now to see how prices
    of all commodities from trading partners is affected.

    HEMI-Powered, Sep 27, 2008
  15. Stormin Mormon

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Pete D added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    You don't know much about your own automobile biz, do you? Pontiac
    will sell hundreds of thousands of cars with a percentage of their
    content cost flowing to/from Australia, including the GTO and the
    Camaro. Instead of leading with your chin in a discussion you're
    completely ignorant on, you should do some independent research,
    you may be in for a rather unpleasant surprise as it is likely your
    government won't tell you what's happening any more than ours
    did/does. In short, quit while you're behind because you're getting
    behinder each time you post.

    HEMI-Powered, Sep 27, 2008
  16. Stormin Mormon

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    George Kerby added these comments in the current discussion du
    jour ...
    You have to forgive our good friends in Australia who also don't
    know how to spell "labor" and "color".

    HEMI-Powered, Sep 27, 2008
  17. Stormin Mormon

    HEMI-Powered Guest

    Pete D added these comments in the current discussion du jour
    I don't think that greedy businesses such as Big Oil or financial
    services companies such as banks, mortgage companies, insurance
    companies, and governments all pretty much understand both greed
    and incompetence. You need to get it through your bigoted head that
    this is a global economy in recent years, you aren't alone and your
    country cannot survive in an isolationist mode.

    As to Canada, it is way too early to tell if or how much it may be
    affected by the Wall Street bailout. Even in the U.S. the broader
    marget for securities is running along on past inertia and has yet
    to feel the brunt of nearly a trillion dollar worth of money that
    would be bought up by countries that don't like democracies very
    much, especially Canada. Again, your crediblity has been destroyed
    by your stubborness to even look into the situation before
    criticizing out country's economic woes.

    HEMI-Powered, Sep 27, 2008
  18. Stormin Mormon

    dj_nme Guest

    This makes perfect sense.
    That makes no sense.
    It would be the other way around: A lower US dollar could help boost
    exports from the USA (it's cheaper for the rest of the world), but hurt
    importers selling goods to it (dearer for Americans).
    When the Australian dollar recently rose in value compared to the US
    dollar, imports from the USA became cheaper.

    dj_nme, Sep 27, 2008
  19. Stormin Mormon

    dj_nme Guest

    You mean to people in the USA?
    That would make perfect sense.
    A lower US dollar makes it cheaper for us to purchase goods from the USA.
    On the other hand, it makes selling goods to the USA slightly harder.

    dj_nme, Sep 27, 2008
  20. Stormin Mormon

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Data from 2006 is "very old"?