    or there is more to it, and is more complex?

    thanks

    albert

    albert smith, Oct 9, 2004

  2. albert smith

    Frederic Guest

    Hi Albert

    Bad sectors are damaged sections on the surface of the disk. If you replace
    the hard drive it will be ok. An hard drive should run several years without
    developping bad sectors. If you have bad sectors quickly after replacing the
    hard drive it may be caused by vibration.

    Frederic, Oct 9, 2004

  3. albert smith

    10_4 Guest

    Weak or bad power supplies cause this as well!

    10_4, Oct 9, 2004
  4. albert smith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    So can power spikes/brownouts, or not turning the computer off properly.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 9, 2004