    Remove all cards except the video card. Remove the hard drive and
    boot to a floppy. Start from there.
    Thumper

    Thumper, Aug 18, 2004

  2. it said the error message contained the phrase "defaults loaded"....that is
    why it doesn't matter what u set in BIOS (eg. setting A:\ as first boot
    device), it automatically uses the default settings which might set the hard
    drive as the first boot device.

    immediately upon bootup. I never
    motherboard if it will not let me

    Jason Wheeler, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    This problem is long solved. I did change the floppy drive and cable. The mother board sees it. It
    does not allow me to change the boot order of any device. That was the problem. When I did an
    Automatic IDE Detection, it would find different Hard Drives and CD Drives. The floppy was not set
    to a com port. It was correct. I tried to set the motherboard back to it's Default settigns. No
    good. That was the problem.

    I spoke to the customer yesterday. In the 2 weeks that she has the computer back in her home, she
    said it works perfectly and is buying a major, powerful worstation that I will build for her
    designed for her son to edit video and dvd authoring.

    Tony

    Tony, Aug 29, 2004