Bad dsp when using voip with 3640

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Demian, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Demian

    Demian Guest

    Hi

    I am using cisco 3640 with NM-HDV-E1 and a cisco 1751 V with VIC-2BRI
    NT-TE for voip.

    The voip is working well but I have problems with the DSPs on the
    NM-HDV.
    The DSP became BAD from idle or busy state after a few calls and I can
    established calls when I dial the number two or three times.
    When I do software reset to the dsp "test dsp device x x reset", the
    dsp become idle and I can established calls when I dial the number one
    time.
    If I do "test dsp device all all reset" , the 3640 router crash and
    reload.

    I am using 12.2.11T10 (Ip plus). I have allready tried other versions
    but ...

    Do you have any ideas ?

    Demian, Mar 1, 2004

  2. There is an open bug about this. In our situation removing unsupported
    codec helped. (we've got medium complexity, not high, and in our codec
    list there was one of g723). It's working ok for 3-4 days with two rather
    busy E1 now.

    hope this helps,

    Marcin =?iso-8859-2?Q?Zi=EAba?=, Mar 2, 2004