    would need to be replaced. He left. I ran the Win98 scandisk and it said no
    errors were found. who is right? and How bad are 8 clusters on a 4 gig drive.
    the computer works fine. BG

    BillKirch, Apr 10, 2004

  2. BillKirch

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (BillKirch) wrote in

    Once clusters are found bad, scandisk doesn't recheck them unless you force
    it to. When a drive starts showing bad sectors, it means it has already
    found enough bad sectors to use up all the spares it has, and it is
    probably on its last legs.

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 10, 2004

  3. BillKirch

    Wizard Guest

    Bad clusters growwwwwwwww. The drive is toast.

    Wizard, Apr 10, 2004
  4. BillKirch

    mark mandel Guest

    Well, it certainly isn't as good as new but if it gets to the point where
    you can't write anything on it(which is bound to happen sooner than later)
    then it's pretty much history.

    mark mandel, Apr 10, 2004