    Guest Guest

    bullshit. you just won't admit you screwed up. again.
    maybe now you do but you didn't when you said it .

    Guest, May 25, 2014

  2. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    No, I'm trying to point out that this is an unmoderated forum in which
    anyone can post anything they wish to post. No thread is restricted
    in any way, and no expansion of the original topic is disallowed.

    You cannot expect people to reply only according to some criteria you
    set, and - in fact - you often add points that were not in previous
    posts.

    "this isn't about" is *your* position, but not necessarily the
    position of others.

    And, it's not a situation where I don't understand what was written.
    You didn't write why you do it. I can't be expected to understand
    what you don't say.

    It became an issue when I asked. That's what happens in threads. As
    much as you'd like to, you cannot control what issues are brought up
    in threads.
    But, why? Why is it better to do this without a card inserted? Do
    you gain some information you would not otherwise known by doing so?
    Would you not gain the same information with a card inserted?

    I haven't said that it is wrong, or more difficult to do this. I
    haven't "bashed" it, argued with it, or otherwise disagreed. I've
    simply asked why you do it.

    If you have a better way of doing something, why not share it?

    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2014

  3. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Where is the setting that changes a camera's settings from not being
    able to take a photo without a card to being able to? Give an
    example.

    You were insisting that you didn't say there's a setting, and - when
    it was shown you did - you now imply there is a setting to test.

    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2014
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/25/2014 12:53 PM, nospam wrote:

    tony Ciioer obviously forgot that hose actions are your exclusive
    province. Did you register that technique with the Patent Ofice.

    PeterN, May 25, 2014
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Bwahahahaha

    PeterN, May 25, 2014
  6. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    they can, and they can make a fool of themselves doing it.
    i'm not setting any criteria. more of your fabricated nonsense.

    what i do expect is that when someone (anyone) says something, that the
    replies are about what is said, not what the person thinks they might
    have said.

    if you want to bring up other points, by all means do so, but that
    would be in addition to, not in response of.
    yes it is about you not understanding what was written because i never
    said the things you said i did.
    what about the issue where you said the probability was no different,
    which is factually false?

    i didn't see you admit you were wrong.
    nobody said it couldn't be done with a card inserted.

    however, with a card inserted, there are then photos to delete. that
    may be minor, but it is still another thing to do.
    in fact, i did exactly that.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  7. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    not only did i tell you exactly what setting that is, but savageduck
    posted the relevant page in the manual.

    seriously, you should read what's written before spouting off.
    you really need to read before you spout.

    i said there wasn't a setting for what to do when the card is full, and
    there isn't.

    i *never* said there wasn't a setting for what to do if there's no
    card. there is and i even said that i make use of it.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  8. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Durn spel chekker

    PeterN, May 25, 2014
  9. PeterN

    J. Clarke Guest

    The point is though that a P-38 can actually _fly_ on one engine. To
    put it in perspective, a P-38 at max gross with an engine out has
    roughly the same power to weight ratio as a PA23-150 Piper Apache at max
    gross with both engines running. And the P-38 at max gross will be able
    to drop a lot of weight quickly (dump the ordnance and the drop tanks).

    J. Clarke, May 25, 2014
  10. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    at some point sure, but what ends up happening is the card may not be
    completely filled when it's swapped out.

    that won't matter if it's just a few photos, but's not always just a
    few photos. sometimes it can be 50 or more, which is a fair amount of
    space that will go unused. it all depends just how tight you want to
    cut it.

    for the person who said he uses 2 gig cards, he be doing a lot of
    swapping that otherwise would not be needed. why swap if you don't have
    to?

    Guest, May 26, 2014
  11. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    You're making an assumption that is not based on reality. A person
    with any experience at all in photography is not going to be in a
    position where he needs to do "a lot of swapping". A person who has
    several two gig cards is more likely to be the type of photographer
    who does not come close to filling a two gig card in a shoot.

    After one or two experiences where a card was filled before the end of
    a shoot, and that person would buy larger cards. Cards are not that
    expensive, and Peter - the person in question here - certainly can
    afford to buy a larger card if he feels it would be better.

    I use an 8 gig card, and did the largest number of images I've ever
    done in one day - 285 - at the school event Friday. My camera says I
    can shoot 147 more images on that card. (I shoot RAW) I had a
    back-up 8 gig card with me, but never needed it.

    If I was routinely filling even 60% of the my 8 gig card, I'd be at
    store buying a 16 gig card. My usual shoot at a baseball game is less
    than one-third of the capacity of the 8 gig card.

    You frequently - very frequently - say "it's not about me". Yet, the
    assumptions you make are all about you and not about what others see
    their needs to be.

    Tony Cooper, May 26, 2014
  12. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Scott didn't make that comment until after several other posts
    appeared. The start of the thread was a post by Peter about a fellow
    camera club member's problem with a defective card.

    However, what Scott is doing is a deliberate choice for a reason that
    he believes to be a valid reason.

    nospam's position seems to be based on the premise that swapping cards
    results in a gap that could mean lost opportunities.

    I don't know what type of photography Scott does, but if he feels that
    a) his photographs are valuable enough that he cannot take a chance on
    losing some due to a defective card, and b), that there is sufficient
    opportunity to swap cards without missing opportunities,then that's
    good enough for me. Whatever works for him.

    Personally, I don't share nospam's concern or Scott's concerns.

    Tony Cooper, May 26, 2014
  13. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Fourth paragraph above.

    PeterN, May 26, 2014
  14. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I was not the person who said I use 2 g cards. I did say I did not have
    enough cards. I stupidly left my extra cards in the car. An opportunity
    for a shoot came up, which could not be repeated, and I ran out of card
    space.

    PeterN, May 26, 2014
  15. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    One of the now funny ones was a friend of mine, (on his first instrument
    flight,) flew to Maine to buy some lobsters. He put them in a bag,
    instead of a crate. The lobsters got out and were crawling all over the
    cabin. Some got under the rudder control and brake pedals. He called an
    emergency landing at Logan Airport. The FAA inspector agreed that it was
    a justifiable emergency, but commented that the airlines would have
    gladly sent him a case of lobsters a week for at least five years, to
    avoid the problem. His emergency must have cost the airlines hundreds of
    thousands of dollars, because of the delay.

    PeterN, May 26, 2014