    Just as much as you did. Your response is as close to an admission of
    being wrong as you have ever given.

    Your choice. I don't work that way.

    PeterN, May 25, 2014

  2. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I know. Just wanted to show nospam how asinine his frequently used
    response is. I got him to admit how easy it is to tell how frequently he
    is FOS

    PeterN, May 25, 2014

  3. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    no you don't know. you said you set the camera to not take a photo when
    the card is full. there is no such setting.

    there's only one person who is fos and that's you.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  4. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    nonsense. you made a statement and are refusing to admit it's bogus
    after having been cornered. very typical of you.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    my statement was completly accurate, except that I said yiu can set the
    menu so the shutter won't release with a full card. I knew you would
    bite. You aare so anxious to argue, that you never fact check. your own
    words prove you FOS.

    PeterN, May 25, 2014
  6. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    your statement was only partially correct.

    there is a setting for no card, however, there is *no* setting for how
    the camera behaves when a card is full.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  7. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Nothing needs to be set to see the information on the displays.
    Why are you so evasive? If there's something you test for, why not
    just answer the question?

    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2014
  8. PeterN

    Sandman Guest

    <http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...er-after-2-years-with-photos-intact-1.2651173>

    Sandman, May 25, 2014
  9. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    That part I made up, to induce nospam to bite.

    The only way I know of to allow the shutter to release when the card is
    full, is to delete unwanted images.

    PeterN, May 25, 2014
  10. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Do learn how to read.
    Do you know the meaninf of the phrase: "Except that?"

    PeterN, May 25, 2014
  11. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I knew someone who knew had the opposite experience, and would say so
    from his grave.

    PeterN, May 25, 2014
  12. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I'm still waiting for the setting to "test" from nospam.

    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2014
  13. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    this isn't about seeing information in the display. once again, you're
    lost and talking out your ass.
    i'm not being evasive and what i might check can vary, not that it
    matters.

    what matters is that there *isn't* a setting for when the card is full,
    as was originally claimed.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  14. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    a damaged directory is almost always the cause, but if it's an
    electrical problem, it still can be recovered, it will just cost a
    whole lot more. whether it's worth it will depend on what's on it.

    either way, there's no way to tell just by looking at the card.
    a pro who uses consumer equipment is not really a pro.

    cameras with twin slots are not that expensive either. the nikon d7100
    has dual slots and it's around $1000 and a used d300s for roughly half
    that.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  15. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    which is all that i said.
    but you may not know of the failure until later.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  16. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    i never said there was a setting to test. you made that part up.

    like peter says, 'do learn how to read'.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  17. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Gotta have it your way, doncha? A thread is about whatever the people
    posting to the thread *want* it to be about.
    You're not being evasive, but you evade providing any answer to what
    you check for.

    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2014
  18. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    You have memory failure? Maybe there's a recovery program.

    You said:

    "i always have the camera set that way since i often want to test
    things without a card in it and it's very easy to check to see if
    there's a card in it before shooting."

    What is the "set that way" if not a setting to test?

    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2014
  19. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    you're trying to justify your inability to understand what was written.

    what you don't get to do is make up something else and then bash,
    either deliberately because you want to argue or because you lack the
    ability to understand what was written.
    it doesn't matter what i check for since that was never the issue but
    if you must know, it isn't one particular thing. it could be testing a
    flash setup, manual exposure, a lens setting or many other things.

    what's important here is that it can do that with or *without* a card
    inserted, not what the specific test actually is.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  20. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    if you actually read the thread, you'd have seen that 'set that way' is
    so the camera can take a photo without a card inserted.

    some cameras default that way and others do not. it's easy to check and
    rectify it if needed.

    Guest, May 25, 2014