    lull where one can swap. but as above, that won't always be the case.

    the fewer the cards, the less one will need to swap. that's yet another
    mathematical fact that you will no doubt argue against.

    Guest, May 24, 2014

  2. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    their. oops.

    Guest, May 24, 2014

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I was talking abut a full card.

    PeterN, May 24, 2014
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On that issue, I originally mentioned carrying extra cards. nospam said
    that extra cards won't fix a defective card.

    PeterN, May 24, 2014
  5. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    it doesn't matter if it's full or not. a card can fail at any time.

    fortunately, it's very rare, but it's not impossible and nothing you do
    on the camera can guarantee that it won't happen.

    Guest, May 24, 2014
  6. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    that is true but i didn't say that.

    Guest, May 24, 2014
  7. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    In he menu. the information is available online.

    PeterN, May 24, 2014
  8. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    avoiding answering, i see.

    once again, where is the setting for when the card is full?

    i'm not talking about the setting for when there is no card, which just
    about every camera has.

    Guest, May 24, 2014
  9. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    And that statement has what to do with my stated procedure?

    PeterN, May 24, 2014
  10. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    a lot

    Guest, May 24, 2014
  11. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Same answer you have given. Do your own research.

    PeterN, May 24, 2014
  12. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    in other words, you're full of shit as usual. got it.

    Guest, May 24, 2014
  13. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Logical conclusion. Since you regularly give that answer, you must know
    the meaning. I totally accept your definition. Except fill up a card,
    and try it.
    BTW the factory default for the Nikon D300 is to take images without a
    card inserted,

    PeterN, May 25, 2014
  14. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    I can only speak for my D300S, and that only gives you an option to
    enable shutter release if there is no memory card inserted. If the
    release is locked the shutter will not trip if there is no card in the
    camera. There is nothing relating to overwriting on a full card.
    The D300S manual entry:
    < https://db.tt/3DhFIZB2 >[/QUOTE]

    exactly.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  15. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    at least you admit you're full of shit. that's a start.
    i always have the camera set that way since i often want to test things
    without a card in it and it's very easy to check to see if there's a
    card in it before shooting.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  16. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I've never filled a card, but according to this:
    http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/d...ays-a-cha-or-a-this-card-cannot-be-used-error

    the Nikon D300 display will show "CHA" if the CF card is full.

    There are other reasons the CHA message will appear, though. One
    reason seems to result in the images being deleted from the previous
    shoot instead of formatting the card. Since I always format, I've not
    experienced this problem. Another reason may be that the card is not
    properly seated.

    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2014
  17. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Set that way? Why do you need to set anything, and what do you set?

    If you trip the shutter on a Nikon D300 with no card inserted, the
    display reads "-E-" and the LCD has the word "DEMO" in red when you
    see the reviewed image. If you review images, it says "No memory
    card".

    Of course it's "easy". You just look at either display. But, nothing
    needs to be "set".

    What would you "test", by the way? If there is a card, and you do a
    test image, you just delete it. What advantage is there to "testing"
    it without a card?

    I fire off a test image or two to check the histogram, but you need to
    have a card inserted to do that.

    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2014
  18. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    you're not paying attention, as usual.
    rtfm. specifically, custom setting f9 for the d300 & f10 for the d300s.

    savageduck posted the page from the manual so you don't even need to
    look too hard.

    try reading before you spew.
    no need to delete anything. duh.
    no, and the histogram isn't the only thing to test anyway.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  19. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    the card door won't shut if that's the case.

    Guest, May 25, 2014
  20. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I should have added that during a landing approach and just after and
    during take-off, there is not much time to compensate for the loss of an
    engine. Even during level flight, it takes a lot of skill to compensate.

    PeterN, May 25, 2014