    I restore it on the 64bit Edition? So that I do not lose my AD, and a lot of
    setting? Does anybody know if it works?

    Greetings, Peter

    Guest, Sep 15, 2005

  2. I would VERY much doubt it. A much safer method would be to do a "swing
    migration". Create a temporary DC on another machine. (Hint: it can even be
    a virtual machine). Transfer the 5 roles to the temporary domain controller,
    and make sure you designate it as a Global Catalog server. Then demote the
    machine you want to upgrade. Now you can install x64 Edition, do a dcpromo,
    and move the roles (and GC) back to your regular server. You should then
    demote the temporary DC before you remove it from the network.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for that help.

    Another Question, does the 64bit Edition work with the "old" RAID-5 Arrays?
    I have a mirror for the OS, this would be reformated and I have two RAID-5
    Arrays. If I install the controller cards with 64bit Drivers, are the
    Partitions recognised and usable as before? Or are Partitions lost and have
    to be recreated?

    Thanks again for the help!

    Peter

    Guest, Sep 15, 2005
  4. That is completely within the control of the raid mfg, but I don't know of a
    reason why not. However, that being said, x64 Edition should be installed on
    a clean partition.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 16, 2005