Backup of software & PS2 games

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Richard Chartrand, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. From: "Richard Chartrand" <>
    Subject: Backup of software & PS2 games
    Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 10:05 AM

    Hey everyone
    I just purchased LG dvd burner and have been using it to backup all my dvds
    using dvd x copy gold. It works great. Can anyone tell me what software I
    should use to backup my software programs and PS2 games.

    Sincerely

    Richard

    Richard Chartrand, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Hey everyone
    Any CD/DVD copying utility will work with PlayStation2 CDs and DVDs. However,
    the region coding of the software is such that a copy will not boot on PS-2
    consoles. You will also have to get your console modified if you wish to play
    copied PS-2 software on it. To get your PS-2 to play copied PSOne games, you
    will also have to get a separate modification for your console that is specific
    for PSOne software.

    The use of a stealth chip in either or both applications would be recommended
    as there are a lot of games that have modchip detection programs. A stealth
    chip is designed to turn itself off when it is not needed, so the detection
    routine in a game will not detect the chip. A regular modchip may be detected
    by this same detection routine and will not allow the game to load. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Richard Chartrand

    Nikoli Yetti Guest

    Reinhart

    Just my opinion, but I wouldn't waste time burning the video games. It's
    too much trouble. You can get the games so cheap at the used video games
    store, and ebay that's it's not worth tearing into your game console, and
    burning a few coaster before you you enjoy your game.
    I've had good luck exchanging a video game that became scratched with the
    company that made it by sending them the scratched one, and they sent me a
    new one. As far as burning DVD's I can't help because I haven't tried it
    yet.

    Nikoli Yetti, Jan 15, 2004