    Have:
    Intel Pentium 2800 computer. 512 MB RAM
    Cable

    Ritter197, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Ritter197

    Ben Guest

    I tried GHOST a few weeks before.
    It is very easy to use, have a friendly interface.
    With an image made, you don't have to activate Windows.
    If you are afraid of MS will be closed next month, it is a good tool for
    you.
    But GHOST is more expansive.
    It is more expansive than antivirus.
    But it is cheaper than Windows.
    It is more expansive than a case.
    But it is cheaper than a RAM.
    GHOST is cool and good, you must try it.

    Ben, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Ritter197

    Don MI Guest

    Which image program you use is strictly an IMO.

    The current versions of Norton Ghost are Version 9 and Ghost 2003.

    Ghost Version 9 creates an image from within Windows XP. Some do like that
    approach as they think a file could change during the image process. I have
    not had a problem with Ghost Version 9 or its prior PowerQuest Drive Image
    7. However, I cannot disprove the concern. Ghost Version 9 allows you to
    restore selected folders and files and do incremental image backups.

    Ghost 2003 reboots your computer to a version of DOS {not MS-DOS} to create
    the image. Ghost 2003 has an utility to restore selected folders and files.

    The retail package for Ghost Version 9 contains both Version 9 and Ghost
    2003.

    Others have a strong preference to alternate image programs.

    Don

    Don MI, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Ritter197

    Ben Guest

    I think a fresh installation is better than GHOST restoration.
    First, you don't backup viruses.
    Second, you can put in new informations during installation.
    The reasons for you to use GHOST is important.
    The only good reason for you to use it is backing up hard disk.
    Because backing up hard disk is allowed while backing up a CD is not
    allowed.
    What I said about activation was not good.
    Because Win XP will call for an activation if you change too many hardwares.
    I saw it on the MS web.

    Ben, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Ritter197

    Don MI Guest

    Total trash.

    "Because Win XP will call for an activation if you change too many
    hardwires"

    You image a system before and after a hardware change. The before image is
    to be able to return to the prior configuration if the hardware install
    causes a problem. The after image is your new standard. If you install new
    hardware and Windows XP does not require a re-activation, then the after new
    hardware image will not require a re-activation.

    "The only good reason for you to use it is backing up hard disk."

    So, that is what an image program does.

    "Because backing up hard disk is allowed while backing up a CD is not
    allowed."

    Other program will backup{copy} a CD if you so choose.

    Don

    Don MI, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Ritter197

    Ben Guest

    During start up, Windows detects your hardwares, it is true.
    Every OS do it at start up, and load drivers according to the detection.
    If you go into safe mode, no drivers will be loaded.
    What I said is according to MS.
    Of course re-activation is possible not true, because they are lying.

    And no body knows, if you want to copy a CD.
    But GHOST can not be used to copy a CD.

    If you do have any reason for use GHOST, it is your right to try it.

    Ben, Sep 24, 2004