    Is there a configuration file or anything I can copy to a safe place?

    Regards,

    Heath

    BuzzyBee, Sep 22, 2004

  2. BuzzyBee

    Pun Krocker Guest

    I copy the folder from:

    C:\Documents and Settings\USENAME\Application Data\Mozilla

    And it puts everything back, I clean the cache first to save size.
    I have re-installed and copied this back and it works fine.
    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Sep 22, 2004

  3. BuzzyBee

    Hawkeye Guest

    I have downloaded all the extensions I use as .xpi files and I save
    them in a separate folder. If you have to re-install FF, to reload
    these extensions you simply drag and drop them into the FF window.
    Saves a lot of time having to install them from the web.

    You can do something similar with themes. Save the .jar files for
    each theme, them use the "Themer" extension to install them.

    I installed FF on a friend's computer, and just carried all these
    files over and had their installation fully configured in minutes
    before ever logging onto the web.

    Of course, this technique doesn't save your options, bookmarks, etc...
    that's another matter.

    Hawkeye, Sep 25, 2004