    do I need to back up my extensions, and how do I go about doing that?
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Marc

    Marc in the Glades, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Marc in the Glades

    Galen Guest

    Galen, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Marc in the Glades

    Galen Guest

    Galen, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Thanks Bob...appreciate the reply
    Marc

    Marc in the Glades, Aug 6, 2004
  5. Marc in the Glades

    .BRIAN. Guest

    They'll continue to function when upgrading from 0.9.2 -> 0.9.3. I
    believe, but am not positive, that most all extensions get installed in
    your profile now. Your profile does not get erased when upgrading
    Mozilla; the profile and program are in two separate folders.

    If you did want to "back up" your extensions, the only option would be
    to save them locally. Doing so would not save any of your current
    settings for the extensions though.

    How are you installing Mozilla? Through the installer or with the zip
    file? You do not have to uninstall the old version before installing
    the new. You can have many different versions of Mozilla on your
    computer. I usually keep the old version installed until I can verify
    nothing in the new version is broke.

    Cheers,

    .BRIAN., Aug 6, 2004
  6. Marc in the Glades

    mike555 Guest

    ==== it depends on your operating system , XP should be OK , but 98 is
    different at handling user preferences ..... how did you install it in
    the first place (the .exe or the .zip ) if you used the zip , you
    should backup everything .. or just rename the folder to Mozilla-old
    (instead of uninstalling it ) so you still have it if you need it
    ........ but if you have XP the preferences are kept in user profiles
    and shouldn't be uninstalled when you uninstall Firefox , they should
    work in the new version , except you might loose a 3 rd. party toolbar
    if you have one installed ........... good idea to install Firefox
    without things running in the background ==========

    mike555, Aug 6, 2004
  7. XP Home and used the .exe install. I remember reading in the main page that
    the program should be deleted first using the add/delete. Is this so?
    Thanks to everyone for your help....Really do appreciate it.
    Marc

    Marc in the Glades, Aug 6, 2004
  8. Marc in the Glades

    Travis Evans Guest

    As far as I know, if you are going to install the new version into the
    *same* folder the old version was installed in, you should uninstall the
    old version first. But you can install the new version into a
    *different* (new) folder instead, without having to uninstall the old
    version. The installer will give you the option of which folder you want
    to install to.

    Travis Evans, Aug 7, 2004
  9. Marc in the Glades

    MLC Guest

    sabato 07/ago/2004 _Travis Evans_ in
    This time I've installed 0.9.3 over 0.9.2 (I tried so because I didn't want
    to lose all the extensions) and all works well so far, with the only anomaly
    that today, clicking on a download link, I got the www.microsoft.com page!
    :-\
    Other users told me that for them it worked right.
    I can't imagine what could have happened.

    MLC, Aug 7, 2004
  10. Marc in the Glades

    Travis Evans Guest

    [...]

    Installing over the old version may work without problems, but according
    to Mozilla, it can cause big problems in some cases. If you ever start
    having lots of weird problems, though, you should probably suspect this
    as the cause first and try installing a fresh version in a new folder.

    Travis Evans, Aug 8, 2004