    installation? I'm using the latest build 1.7a.

    Thanks
    Tono

    Tono, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Do you want to know how to do it manually, or would you rather use a
    utility like:

    http://backup.jasnapaka.com/

    : : b r i a n : :, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Tono

    Tono Guest

    Oh, thanks! That looks simple enough for me!

    Tono

    Tono, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Tono

    Tono Guest

    I spoke too soon. I want to save my bookmarks and address but NOT my
    server info. That is what seems to be corupted. Suddenly I can't send
    email from one account and I can't delete and reinstall my server
    settings. This account for example will allow me to post to a
    newsgroup, but not send any email.

    Tono

    Tono, Jan 5, 2004
  5. Tono

    Tono Guest

    Just me replying to myself again. I found out the hard way that if you
    use that backup program first, then delete only the account that was
    corrupted, it also deletes the backed up files for that account.

    Oh well, it was time to clean house anyway.

    Tono

    Tono, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Tono

    Jordan Guest

    I downloaded and ran the program.
    Fine, it backed up, but when the screen closed I couldn't find where it
    backed up to.
    Does it make a file? Or an "invisible" backup that can be invoked somehow?

    Jordan

    Jordan, Jan 6, 2004
  7. It probably didn't go anywhere. There is a space in the program for you
    to specifiy where the file gets saved.

    : : b r i a n : :, Jan 6, 2004
  8. Tono

    David Warren Guest

    I'm using ver. 1.1 of backup haven't checked out 1.2 for changes but
    when you go to backup a profile it states which file it backs upto at
    the bottom of the "Profile Selection" page. You would use this program
    to restore the profile by using "restore a profile" on the "operation
    type" page.

    - David

    David Warren, Jan 6, 2004
  9. Tono

    Tono Guest

    I don't recall offhand where it/I saved the file, but when I deleted and
    reinstalled mozilla, it automaticly used the backup, I didn't have to do
    any extra steps. Unfortunately, before uninstalling mozilla a second
    time, I backed it up, and then deleted the one profile I was having a
    problem with. That action apparently removed that profile from the
    backup also.

    Tono

    Tono, Jan 7, 2004
  10. Tono

    Jordan Guest

    Quite right, I'd missed that.
    By default, it put the file (with .pcv extension) into "My Documents"
    folder.

    Jordan

    Jordan, Jan 7, 2004
  11. Tono

    Lomer Guest

    -------------
    Tono,

    The bookmarks and address book are in the following folder:

    C:\windows\application
    data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\bookmarks.html

    C:\windows\application data\mozilla\profiles\default\zn5c3sbr.slt\abook.mab

    All you need to do is get into that directory, copy both those files and
    paste them wherever you like.

    I made a simple batch file that I use to back them up and pllace them in
    another folder on my hard drive. You can also use that batch file to
    back them up to a floppy or a second HD.

    If you would like me to generate a batch file for you and tell you how
    to use it, send an email to me at .

    Good luck

    Lomer, Jan 13, 2004