Background colour problem in Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by acalcium, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. acalcium

    acalcium Guest

    Hi there all,
    When I view some web pages, the background colour doesnt seem to be
    displayed, ie. it's
    just white and the fonts look a little odd.

    I thought it might be some FF thing, so I reinstalled FF 1.5. No
    change.

    I have another user created (user #2) on my Win XP SP1 box, so I logged
    in using that user. Viewing that webpage via that user is OK. ie. the
    background colour is there.

    So it seems to be user related. Cos it uses the same FF install.

    I copied the profile of user #2 to user #1. Logged in as user #1.
    Problem still remains.

    So if it is not the install, or the user profile, where else can this
    difference be?
    In the registry? Any ideas what I should look for?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Chai

    acalcium, Feb 24, 2006

  2. acalcium

    gwtc Guest

    can you post a link to a problem site, so someone can go check it out?
    Thanks

    gwtc, Feb 24, 2006

  3. acalcium

    acalcium Guest

    Hi there,
    Thanks for replying.
    One example is this page.
    http://www.nba.com/news/269205.html

    I looked at the Javascript console and am getting lots of these errors.

    Error: Error in parsing value for property 'FONT-STYLE'. Declaration
    dropped.
    Source File: http://www.nba.com/css/nba_new.css
    Line: 35

    It sort of has to do with firefox, I think. In the sense that something
    must be disabled, or some install file has no read access or write
    access or whatever.

    Am in winXP sp1 with FF 1.5.0.1.
    Does not happen if I install FF 1.07 over the top of 1.5.0.1
    I reinstall 1.5.0.1 again and behaviour is back.

    I log out and log in as another user, and the page is good again (using
    FF 1.5.0.1).
    So the FF install is good and is related only to that user.

    I havent figured out what it is yet.

    - Chai

    acalcium, Mar 4, 2006
  4. acalcium

    gwtc Guest

    the site is fine. I get the same colour background in FF/Moz and IE.
    Therefore, check your settings under Tools, Options, Content, and
    click on the Colors button, and see if "Allow pages to choose their
    own colors, instead of my selection" is unchecked. And also, backup
    to Fonts, and click on the Advanced button, and make sure that "allow
    pages to choose their own fontss, instead of my selection" is also
    checked.

    gwtc, Mar 5, 2006
  5. acalcium

    ki--

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    i got the same problem ...

    i got exactly the same problem and me too, i couldnt find a solution ...

    today i found that on:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Website_colors_are_wrong

    maybe the accessibility contrast is the cause ?!?
    i'll check it out this evening.
    its my last hope :-/

    ki--, Mar 13, 2006