    files, and deleted them from the registry, but it is still being detected by
    Norton as being on my computer. Any suggestions or sites that could help?
    Thanks in advance! Koreena

    KLS, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Perhaps it is still in your "restore file" if you are using ME or XP? If
    you reboot, does it, or does it not reappear in your registry? If it does
    not reappear, then most likely it has been backed up onto your "restore".

    Dan Shackelford, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Hello,
    Dan is "right on". Try this. Go to www.symantec.com and follow the link to
    the anti-virus center. Look up this
    nasty thing and see if they have a downloadable fix for it. If so, download
    it and save to a floppy.
    Disable "System restore". Note: how to do this is in your Windows Help file
    on the programs menu.
    Reboot into "Safe Mode" and run the fix tool. It should clean your hard
    drive and the Restore Partition plus
    clean out the registry.
    Reboot back into Windows XP. Re-enable system restore.
    Operate normally!

    Happy Computing
    DennisC

    Dennis C. Cooney. MCSE, Jul 20, 2003
  4. KLS

    KLS Guest

    Yes, I have XP and that is what's happening. How do I fix that?

    KLS, Jul 20, 2003
  5. KLS

    KLS Guest

    Thanks so much everyone! What a pain, I am going to the link and see if I
    can get it taken care of! You guys are great! Koreena

    KLS, Jul 20, 2003