    it is possible to conect two routers back-to-back by ISDN ???

    Thanks,
    FO

    Fiber Optic, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Fiber Optic

    Fiber Optic Guest

    I have BRI interface in both routers, any ideas ??

    Fiber Optic, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Fiber Optic

    Hapee Guest

    Sorry, there's no way to do it with BRI. The ISDN S0 interface is a
    multipoint bus, controller by the ISDN exchange (DCE).
    The BRI functions as a tributary station on the S0 bus (compare the PRI,
    which is a G.703 point to point link).
    Although I understand that you're trying to use this as a test bed, but
    that's about the only application for this setup, so Cisco never saw any
    need to develop a dual mode BRI. On the other hand, there is a Cisco BRI
    module that works both ways, the VIC-BRI, but that's a voice-only module.
    You can hook it up to a PABX or public exchange, or you can make it act as a
    DCE (e.g. to connect an ISDN netlink to an VoIP router backbone.

    As for data BRI's: no way to do it except using a small PABX with ISDN user
    ports in the middle.

    Hans

    the BRI on the interface works is asymmetric:
    The BRI is basically a tributary on a

    Hapee, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Fiber Optic

    BLH Guest

    BLH, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Fiber Optic

    shope Guest

    You could just order 2 BRI lines from your telco....

    shope, Jul 23, 2003
  6. Buy a cheap ISDN PABX with two internal S0 interfaces.

    Tilman Schmidt, Jul 23, 2003
  7. Fiber Optic

    Fiber Optic Guest

    Thanks alto for respond, I will try to buy a PABX with 2 ISDN PORT.

    Fiber Optic, Jul 24, 2003
  8. Phillip Remaker, Jul 25, 2003
  9. Only voice interface cards (VICs).
    He didn't say, but he asked about connecting two routers back to back
    which IMHO wouldn't achieve anything interesting with a VIC on one side.

    Tilman Schmidt, Jul 25, 2003