    Should I buy DB60 male to male V.35 cables? I don't have the routers in
    front of me but I think the serial interfaces on the routers are female.
    Any suggestions?

    sbab, Oct 17, 2003

  2. sbab

    Weiguang Shi Guest

    I just connected two routers (WIC-1T on a 2621 and 8A/S on a 3640) using a pair
    of V.35 male and female cables, it worked fine.

    Wei

    Weiguang Shi, Oct 17, 2003

  3. sbab

    Tom Lawrence Guest

    Hi all - got a question for setting up a router lab. I have three 2524
    You want 1 CAB-V35-MT and 1 CAB-V35-FC. They both have DB-60 male
    connectors, but the MT has a V.35 male connector, and the FC has a V.35
    female connector. Just screw the two V.35 connectors together (helps if
    you're mutated and have at least four arms), and plug each DB60 end into the
    router. Configure your clockrate on the router with the V.35 FC (DCE) cable
    connected to it.

    A while back, Cisco used to sell a purpose-made DB-60 to DB-60 cable for
    just this purpose - but not anymore.

    Tom Lawrence, Oct 21, 2003