  1. SNIP
    Correct. Sensors=input, pixels=RGB or Luminance output.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jun 8, 2004

  2. No, they confuse pixels with sensors (they probably just copied Sigma lies).
    But then, the Sigma confuses sensors with accuracy, which is much worse.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Actually, it isn't.

    Sigma lies, whereas Fuji exploits the higher resolution in the diagonal
    dimension of any rectangular grid.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jun 8, 2004
  4. SNIPPED more Preddiotic lies
    (which leaves nothing useful).

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jun 8, 2004
  5. Sigma's don't. The images suffer from aliasing artifacts, noise and wrong
    colors.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jun 8, 2004
  6. Are you craving attention that much?

    Posting lies won't aid credibility but they will aid understanding that you
    need to seek hekp for your personality disorder. Spreading lies to provoke
    response will NOT make you a center of attention!
    They make you the loser you are. Seek help!

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jun 8, 2004
  7. Georgette Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    Now I'm confused. Your response doesn't fit any of my interpretations
    of this correspondence. I objected to them *adding* the red, green, and
    blue pixels.

    JPS, Jun 8, 2004
  8. Georgette Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    I can't imagine what its like to be a person with no critical thinking
    ability, who believes anything that supports his viewpoint without any
    doubt, whatsoever.

    JPS, Jun 8, 2004
  9. Georgette Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    Following that logic, when you print a foveon image on in inkjet or
    bubblejet printer, it is not a photograph, because it has been
    interpolated.

    Following that logic, *any* printer that avoids pixellation will use
    interpolation as well, and will not create a photograph.

    Following that logic, a 13.7MP image out of SPP is not a photograph,
    because it is interpolated.

    You are hopelessy illogical.

    JPS, Jun 8, 2004
  10. First, that isn't what dithering means, at all.

    Second, what Fuji does is somewhat defensible. By rotating the 6 MP
    sensor, they get the same horizontal/vertical detail as a 12 MP
    conventional sensor, and the output file needs to be 12 MP to retain
    this. However, they neglect to mention that the diagonal resolution
    gets *worse* by the same factor. Whether there's a net improvement or
    not depends on the subject matter, but at least Fuji's strategy is
    potentially useful for some images.

    The 2X interpolation used to produce 13.6 MP images from the Sigma
    camera has absolutely no merit under any possible circumstances. It's
    just empty magnification.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jun 8, 2004
  11. Sigma doesn't advertise the SD10 based on the number of interpolated
    output pixels, like Canon, Nikon, Fuji, and Kodak, because they,
    alone, have a company policy that listing interpolated resolutions is
    fraudulent.

    Sigma is still a Ma and Pop run business, even though they are by far
    the largest lens maker in the world.
    And we all know that accuracy is provided not by sensing, but by
    guessing, using digital interpolation bewteen a truly tiny number of
    known (sensed: yes, Bayer sense too, but hardly at all) data points
    then listing the number of guesses as the "MP" rating.

    B&H understands that Bayer's very low number of sensors also senses
    data to see, but you don't.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 8, 2004
  13. Good job B&H!

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 8, 2004
  14. Obviously. Those are simple surface prints from digital
    interpolations, not light-exposed deep photographic emulsions.
    Incorrect. I've already given lots of info on this, where were you?
    36-bit lasar-light exposed silver halide is indeed a true,
    photographic emulsion which is traditionally developed using a
    chemical process. These deep photographic emulsions (limited to 68
    billion colors with digital) are true photographs in every sense, but
    only when produced from a Foveon digital file which is 100% optical
    data, Bayer files are only 25% optical.

    Pro lightjets cost about $150,000 a pop, but cost per true photograph
    is actually lower than a home inkjet color interpolated surface print.
    Print sizes up to 4 x 100 feet or so.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 8, 2004
  15. They corrected the error in their latest catalog, which now lists the
    SD10's maximum resolution as 14MP.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 8, 2004
  16. Georgette Preddy

    tekfull Guest

    Lets see the pics Preddy.

    tekfull, Jun 8, 2004
  17. Georgette Preddy

    tekfull Guest

    Lets see your big pics Preddy.

    tekfull, Jun 8, 2004
  18. Georgette Preddy

    tekfull Guest

    Lets see the pics.

    tekfull, Jun 8, 2004
  19. Georgette Preddy

    tekfull Guest

    Lets see the pics.

    tekfull, Jun 8, 2004
  20. Same as Fuji's interpolation to 6MP color pixels from only 6M
    monochrome sensors (good for 1.5MP in full color). All Bayer images
    are interpolated (simple upscaling) by 4X as output, Fuji's SCCD
    double-interpolation takes that a step farther and upscales by a
    factor of 8X.

    Foveon - 100% optical as output.
    Bayer - 25% optical as output, 75% interpolated.
    Fuji's Bayer - 12% optical as output, 88% interpolated.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 8, 2004