    job B&H!!! Your late model descriptions are all exactly right!
    Quoting your excellent Summer 2004 sales catalog...

    Canon 300D

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Georgette Preddy

    Mark M Guest

    If true, then B&H is taking extreme measures to try and dump their dusty,
    stagnant stock of Sigma crapola...

    Mark M, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Georgette Preddy

    Alan D-W Guest

    I can imagine. You're a boring asshole and I bet that "many" was something
    like 12000. They probably did it just to bloody well shut you up.
    They still won't sell them though.

    Alan D-W, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Georgette Preddy

    Steve m... Guest

    George, You are such an ass. Do you pester everybody that way ? I pity
    all of (or any) your friends. They must think you are a a**hole for sure.
    The rest of us should email them too saying it's a lie and it needs to be
    withdrawn.

    Steve m..., Jun 6, 2004
  5. Regardless of why, the largest reputable outlet in photography now
    lists all Bayer resolutions as interpolated, and the SD10 is listed as
    13.72MP interpolated.
    I find it strange that you hope this.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 6, 2004
  6. The person posting under the name of George or Georgette Preddy (and
    other pseudonyms) has an ungrounded but zealous faith that current
    implementation of the Foveon chip is superior to all other chip
    technologies. He will cite portions of reviews to ostensibly support his
    claims, and will repeat, ad naseum, complete lines of out-of-context
    material.

    His claims may well be ignored, or at the very least verified since most
    of them are extreme distortions and some are out and out fabrications."

    Moreover, "Mr." "Preddy" has claimed to be a photographer (pro!), but
    cannot bring himself to post a single picture with EXIF info that he
    shot himself, in spite of repeated requests and challenges to do so.

    Apparently he loathes anything related to Canon and loves everything
    about Sigma cameras and lenses. His "claims" may be ignored, and he is
    doing Sigma, and anyone related to the Foveon chip, no good at all by
    arousing ire, increasing the N/S ratio, and generally spamming this
    newsgroup.

    John McWilliams, Jun 6, 2004
  7. That's the same math Fuji SuperCCD use to make their 6 MP sensor dither a 12
    MP image

    Darrell Larose, Jun 6, 2004
  8. This is from the same B&H Photo that call 120 size film 120mm.They should
    fire their ad writer, but he is probably the bosses son-in-law...

    Darrell Larose, Jun 6, 2004
  9. Georgette Preddy

    Alan D-W Guest

    HOPE??? lol Preddy - predict, not hope.

    Alan D-W, Jun 6, 2004
  10. Georgette Preddy

    Helge Olsen Guest

    Um... At least the Fuji interpolation is useful (and Fuji also tells that
    there are 6 million pixels recorded and 12 in the "picture file"). In order
    to make the image viewable it needs to be rotated in addition to the
    traditional bayer interpolation. Doubling the number if pixels isn't
    necessary, but some additional pixels have to be put in in order to not lose
    any recorded information.

    /Helge

    Helge Olsen, Jun 6, 2004
  11. Go for it, let's see how far you get.

    I am so sorry to disappoint you with facts, but all listed Bayer MP
    ratings are monochrome before interpolating color. B&H is exactly
    right.

    Sigma's native 13.72MP output is of significantly higher optical
    quality than any Bayer output, since the baseline is directly measured
    in full color. You can view B&H Photo's new SD10 ad here...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/29812856/medium

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 6, 2004
  12. Georgette Preddy wrote:

    ~~~snipped SPAM~~~

    That's a link to an unattributed photo.

    John McWilliams, Jun 6, 2004
  13. Georgette Preddy

    Tom Scales Guest

    Anybody bother to go check B&H:

    Copied from their site: Sigma SD10, 3.4 Megapixel,

    Preddy's just lying again.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jun 6, 2004
  14. Georgette Preddy

    Bowzre Guest

    Damn shame real photographers judge a product by the images it creates, and
    not by some meaningless numbers.

    Did you really keep e-mailing them? God, what an asshole!

    Bowzre, Jun 6, 2004
  15. WHAT!?!?!?!?!!? Preddy lied? You mean he's lied before?

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 6, 2004
  16. bay area dave, Jun 6, 2004
  17. Georgette Preddy

    PTRAVEL Guest

    Let's be accurate, here. This is what B&H says and, I think, it is correct:

    "Imaging Sensor FOVEON X3 Pro (CMOS), 20.7x13.8mm with 10.2 Million Pixels
    (3.4 Mp Red + 3.4 Mp Green + 3.4 Mp Blue)
    Optical Resolution 3.4 Megapixel Output Resolution (Full Color RGB
    Image)
    "
    The Foveon does have 10.2 million discrete r,g & b sensors which combine to
    provide 3.4 megapixels of optical resolution.

    The Canon 10D, and other 6 mp Bayers, have 6M discrete r,g&b sensors which
    combine to provide 6 megapixels of optical resolution.

    PTRAVEL, Jun 6, 2004
  18. Georgette Preddy

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    I don't think that this is correct at all. The R, G, and B compose a
    single pixel combined on the x3. You should not say "3.4M red, 3.4M
    green, and 3.4M blue pixels". You should say "3.4M full-RGB pixels".

    JPS, Jun 6, 2004
  19. You must've clicked your porn bookmark by accident. B&H's website
    still says, and has always said.

    "3.4M Red + 3.4M Green + 3.4M Blue = 10.2 Megapixel Total Resolution"
    "captures 10.2 million color values (3.4 Mp Red + 3.4 Mp Green + 3.4
    Mp Blue) with no color interpolation"

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=305163&is=REG

    But their summer catalog corrects the error of only listing the SD10
    as 10.2MP. Here is a picture of B&H's Summer 2004 Catalog page 37...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/29812856

    B&H is really on the ball, now they even list Bayer resolutions as
    "Maximum Recorded Pixels" since they are only interpolated
    resolutions, it's the idental verbage they use when they list the
    Sigma SD10 at 13.72MP.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 7, 2004
  20. I agree with you; I was just stating that the B&H site used
    the 10.2 figure...doesn't mean it's not misleading! :)

    dave

    bay area dave, Jun 7, 2004