    if any one knows any solutions i would be grateful
    Thanks a lot
    Jay

    koolpost, Dec 21, 2005

  2. koolpost

    Trax Guest

    wrote:

    |>Hi all
    |>not too sure if this is the right page to post but i know that you are
    |>all geniuses reading thiese pages.
    |>ok my problem:
    |>i'm trying to download of Azeureus theres like 300 peers an 50 seeders,
    |>i have set up port forwarding on my router and on my windows fire wall
    |>so there is no NAT errors, i have set up my router 2 deny access to all
    |>apart from the mac address' that i have specified so i dont think there
    |>can be any one leaching of me.
    |>i have a 1 meg connection which i would have thought would be ample, my
    |>connection is at very good and connected at 11.0 MBPS.
    |>the problem is when i have azeurues open it only downloads at <3kbs and
    |>i know i should be able to get more out of it. it also steals all the
    |>bandwidth and stops my browser working properly when i have it open.

    (XP SP2 assumed)

    I run Azereus and have no problems.

    While on a NAT system I don't use port forwarding or MAC address
    access.

    I do run ZoneAlarm so, Start | Run | Firewall.cpl <Enter>
    disable the firewall and in the advanced area allow everything I can
    click on.

    As with all Bittorrent programs, max out the upload to get the best
    download speed - you restrict upload speed, it will decrease your
    download.

    Maybe Azereus just won't work for you, might give Utorrent a try it's
    been getting good reviews. http://www.utorrent.com/

    Trax, Dec 21, 2005

  3. koolpost

    koolpost Guest

    i'll give that utorrent a try, i have my uploads maxed out and that
    doesnt sem to make a difference.
    i was running azeureus on a 2 meg connection only last week on the same
    computer and it was working fine, downloads of 100k+
    the thing i cant understand is that surely droppin a meg shouldnt make
    that big a difference
    thanks 4 the quick help tho

    jay

    koolpost, Dec 21, 2005
  4. koolpost

    koolpost Guest

    Hi
    i have installed uTorrent and i am still having the same problems
    it is uploading at about 10kbs but downloading at <3kbs
    if antone has any other ideas that' b great, thanks
    Jay

    koolpost, Dec 21, 2005
  5. koolpost

    James Guest

    No no no no no no no, ifyou max your upload speed, your pc will have to
    fight to send out confirmation packets and the download will slow down.
    Average consesus goes with about 80% upload speed allowed.

    James, Dec 21, 2005
  6. koolpost

    Trax Guest

    |>> As with all Bittorrent programs, max out the upload to get the best
    |>> download speed - you restrict upload speed, it will decrease your
    |>> download.

    |>No no no no no no no, ifyou max your upload speed, your pc will have to
    |>fight to send out confirmation packets and the download will slow down.
    |>Average consesus goes with about 80% upload speed allowed.

    I've throttled, tweak'd, and whatever, I find I do much better with
    settings of unlimited upload/download.

    Trax, Dec 21, 2005
  7. koolpost

    Trax Guest

    wrote:

    |>Hi all
    |>not too sure if this is the right page to post but i know that you are
    |>all geniuses reading thiese pages.
    |>ok my problem:
    |>i'm trying to download of Azeureus theres like 300 peers an 50 seeders,
    |>i have set up port forwarding on my router and on my windows fire wall
    |>so there is no NAT errors, i have set up my router 2 deny access to all
    |>apart from the mac address' that i have specified so i dont think there
    |>can be any one leaching of me.
    |>i have a 1 meg connection which i would have thought would be ample, my
    |>connection is at very good and connected at 11.0 MBPS.
    |>the problem is when i have azeurues open it only downloads at <3kbs and
    |>i know i should be able to get more out of it. it also steals all the
    |>bandwidth and stops my browser working properly when i have it open.
    |>
    |>if any one knows any solutions i would be grateful

    Just came across this: Azureus Optimization and Plugins
    http://www.paulstamatiou.com/2005/10/09/part-2-azureus-optimization-and-plugins/
    or http://tinyurl.com/9pfzq

    Three part article which starts here http://tinyurl.com/dn37x
    HOW TO: Configure Azureus