AVM Fritz boxes

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Gordon Henderson, Oct 12, 2008.

  1. Anyone know how to turn off the built-in SIP port-forarding and let
    them port-forward to an internal host? When I enter 5060 into their
    port-forwarding table, it gives me the lovely message:

    ERROR: Entry conflicts with an internal rule

    I get the feeling that these boxes, nice though they might be just want
    to take-over all VoIP on that line.

    At least with a Draytek, I can turn this off.

    (If you want the background it's simply that a client has one and also
    an asterisk PBX and they want the asterisk PBX to register to external
    SIP providers and handle external SIP phones and the AVM, Like Draytek's
    in getting in the way)

    It's a

    FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 Annex A, Firmware Version 14.03.91

    if this means anything to anyone. I'd drop-kick it into the nearest skip
    and replace it with anything if the client weren't using the USB port on
    it to feed their network (long story - best not go there)

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Oct 12, 2008

  2. I get that feeling too.
    The only solution I can think of if you want to keep the fritz!box is to
    change the default SIP port in sip.conf in asterisk. Then you can set a
    forward.

    This does mean you have to have full control over any traffic from/to the
    asterisk, either because the registration originates in the asterisk
    (external SIP provider) or because you control the external phone.

    Koos

    Koos van den Hout, Oct 12, 2008

  3. I could...
    Well, there are SIP phones on the inside, as well as potentially SIP
    phones on the outside - the ones on the inside are within my control,
    but the external ones aren't, so changing the SIP port on the asterisk
    box isn't really an option, as telling the punters to use a different
    port will be potentially hard and confusing )-:

    I wanted to use the analogue ports on this box too.

    Thankfully we're using IAX to trunk calls in & out. Need to think of a
    plan-B for remote SIP phones though.

    I wonder if the Fritz box will stop the asterisk box registering to a
    remote SIP service ..Hm.

    Double Hmm.. I've just done a backup of the config and noticed all the
    built-in forwarding in the text file.. There's some intersting stuff in
    there.

    Eg:

    reject tcp any host 202.106.185.127 eq 25

    That stops incoming email from a certian chinese location.

    But there's also forwarding/firewall rules for port 5060. I wonder if I
    can change it and upload it back to the router... Hm. it would be good
    if I can, as I can then add the IAX port into the traffic shaper...

    Watch this space :)

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Oct 12, 2008
  4. I had a look at a grandstream phone that did not work behind a fritzbox as
    adsl-router. The grandstream phone already had the local sip port changed.
    So that change in itself isn't the complete solution.
    I will. The problem isn't affecting me but I know at least one person who
    would like 'sip phone behind fritzbox' to work normally.

    Koos van den Hout

    Koos van den Hout, Oct 14, 2008
  5. Gordon Henderson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In Koos van den Hout <4all.nl> typed, for some
    strange, unexplained reason:
    : <gctg2g$fkr$>:

    [snip]

    : > Watch this space :)
    :
    : I will. The problem isn't affecting me but I know at least one person
    : who
    : would like 'sip phone behind fritzbox' to work normally.

    Don't know about a specific SIP phone, but I have two ATA's (a SPA-2000
    and SPA-1001) working fine behind my Fritz!Box 7170.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2008
  6. I've a dozen grandstream phones behind this one - however they're
    fronted by an asterisk box using IAX to trunk in/out and that works fine
    - but what I want to do is remote the sipgate account from the FritzBox,
    and transfer it to the asterisk box (before eventually porting it into
    my VoIP platform - then it'll be IAX and not a problem)
    I need to do this at a point in time when, if I screw it up, I can go to
    the client site and hopefully reset it..

    Anyone know how to get the ADSL username & password out of one?

    Maybe this weekend...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Oct 14, 2008
  7. Gordon Henderson

    alexd Guest

    If the password is starred out in the web frontend, install the Firefox
    Web Developer toolbar, click Forms > Show Passwords, et voila.

    alexd, Oct 14, 2008
  8. Doesn't work, alas.

    It seems to use some funky javascript to hide them.

    In the backup configuration file, they're stupidly long strings - a bit
    like a few md5 checksums concatenated, so I'm guessing they're encrypted
    somehow.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Oct 14, 2008
  9. Gordon Henderson

    theFug Guest

    A Fritz!box isn't made for using an ata/voip/ip device together i
    guess, and it manages it's own voip/sip traffic,(only for one IP/MAC
    address)
    (lucky you) the only good way to use an other ATA/IP device with it,
    is to set the Fritz! in bridge mode,(if possible) but i guess, the ATA
    function of the Fritz!,
    is by doing so, switced off !

    theFug, Nov 5, 2008
  10. Gordon Henderson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In theFug <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:

    [snip]

    : A Fritz!box isn't made for using an ata/voip/ip device together i
    : guess, and it manages it's own voip/sip traffic,(only for one IP/MAC
    : address)
    : (lucky you) the only good way to use an other ATA/IP device with it,
    : is to set the Fritz! in bridge mode,(if possible) but i guess, the ATA
    : function of the Fritz!,
    : is by doing so, switced off !

    I've had a couple of Sipura SPA devices (2000 and 1001) working fine
    behind two different Fritz!Boxes for years with no problems.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 5, 2008
  11. Gordon Henderson

    Brian A Guest

    I find the same as Ivor (see an earlier post I made today). My Fritzbox
    has an SPA-3000 connected to it. When I am on a phone call the web
    browsing slows down. I have cable 2Mb/s broadband. The QoS works very
    well indeed. I have never had any poor call quality due to a concurrent
    download.

    Brian A, Feb 28, 2009