  1. Darren Hovey

    Darren Hovey Guest

    I need a program to change avi's to windoze formate please and thank you :)

    Darren Hovey, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Darren Hovey

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Darren Hovey deftly scribbled:
    Irfanview ..
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Paul - xxx, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Darren Hovey

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Paul - xxx deftly scribbled:
    Just realised, after looking, isn't an AVI a windows compatible file anyway
    ? It seems to be on my system. Maybe you have an incomplete download or
    your settings for file viewing are wrong .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Darren Hovey

    gangle Guest

    This doesn't make much sense. There is no such thing
    as "windows format." Are you having a problem
    opening an avi? Do you want to convert avi files to mpg?
    You are going to have to be more specific.

    gangle, Jun 29, 2003
  5. Darren Hovey

    Michael Guest

    :)

    AVI is (the original) windows format.

    If your media player stuff is up to date and you're having trouble playing
    an AVI file, chances are either it's been corrupted, it's incomplete, or
    it's been encoded using DivX.

    I can't help you with the incomplete or corrupted file things, but the DivX
    codecs are free, and they're available at http://www.divx.com/software/ ...
    just look for the one that says "Price: Free".

    ((U))

    Michael, Jun 29, 2003
  6. Darren Hovey

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Darren Hovey continued:
    Already is. State the problem, not the answer you *think* may be the right
    one.

    "Better to be thought foolish for asking an obvious question than appear
    foolish for trying to be something you are not."

    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  7. Darren Hovey

    paul s Guest

    AVI is the original Windows video format. Go back to the porn-site you
    downloaded the film from, and find what codec it needs.

    paul s, Jun 30, 2003
  8. Darren Hovey

    Mitch Guest

    Apple would agree. (No quotes -- it's a real name.)
    AVI was developed using parts of QuickTime (according to industry
    gossip) when Microsoft realized how necessary a movie format would
    become.

    At the time, it was supposed that neither company wanted to deal with
    courts, Microsoft might have been able to develop around the stolen
    code, and Apple wanted certain concessions. The chief public parts of
    the settlement were that Microsoft promise to develop Office for Mac at
    the same rate they develop it for Windows, and that they make a
    good-faith investment in Apple with $100 million in (non-voting) stock.
    Obviously, the money meant little to either company. But Apple really
    wanted a public promise from Microsoft of future development.

    Mitch, Jul 1, 2003