    Queensland, Australia
    I'm in a bit of a predicament here :(
    I have two seperate video files, both .AVIs. Each file is half of a movie. Can anyone help me find a program to merge the two files together end on end to make one larger clip? I've tried a few different programs, and so far they've all either not worked, or done it right, but ended up 40GB+. Is it even possible to merge the two files without making the filesize about 30 times too big to fit on a DVD?

    XhArD, Oct 29, 2005

  2. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i did, (i think, u haven't responsed in MSN)
    i will write a tut for the rest and upload it (i have no reviews :()

    unholy, Oct 29, 2005

  3. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Tried what you said, one thing though... The merged file was dodgy in that the video and audio were out of sync :|

    XhArD, Oct 29, 2005
  4. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    :| i will test it, shouldn't go outa sync.

    unholy, Oct 30, 2005
  5. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    It gets about 10 seconds out at least by 5 minutes in :( FIX IT NATHAN!

    XhArD, Oct 30, 2005
  6. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i have one converting now, 23% already :p

    unholy, Oct 30, 2005
  7. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    already? in how long? How big is it? mine was 2 700MB files, it took 2 hours to merge them. Resulting file was 2GB.

    XhArD, Oct 30, 2005
  8. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    3 files, 228mb approx each, 38 minutes :D end result was 800mb

    unholy, Oct 30, 2005
  9. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    im just merging mine again now, its got an hour to go and the projected file size is on 1.7GB. hopefully it will work this time.

    XhArD, Oct 30, 2005
  10. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    agreed :D

    unholy, Oct 30, 2005
  11. XhArD

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    0
    i remember there are small programs on the web where it will just join these videos without processing it. Search avi joiner or such thing on google and you be able to find them.

    PUTALE, Oct 30, 2005
  12. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I have tried about 10 of those little gaytastic program,s and they all either only join the first 10 seconds of each file, or they don't work for whatever reason. I'm using RAD Game Tools to do it now, on Unholy's advice.

    XhArD, Oct 30, 2005
  13. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hmmm, have u tried merging in windows movie maker, and then converting to a avi? that might get the whole movie back in sync.

    unholy, Oct 31, 2005
  14. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Or maybe I could forget the whole thing and re-download the movie in one file :p Plus it'll only be 800MB instead of 1.4GB. 20% done already :)

    XhArD, Oct 31, 2005
  15. XhArD

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    RAD?
    is that the same thing as 'Bink & Smaker' ?
    becasue i belive that program can do it for you.

    Gez, Nov 1, 2005
  16. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Bink and Smacker are codec's
    Yes it has them But its called RAD Video Tools, comes with RAD Game Tools or u can download it seperately, and it can do it, its just the movie x has is very weird, i would have to look at it to get it working. And i dont know when that'll happen... :|

    unholy, Nov 2, 2005
  17. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I tried it with RAD, and it's completely unfixable with my limited knowledge. Both files on their own have audio that's 498 milliseconds anyway, and merging just makes it worse. The single file version has been downloaded and burnt successfully, so no worries :)

    XhArD, Nov 2, 2005
  18. XhArD

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    you cant just watch them seperatly? :p

    Gez, Nov 2, 2005
  19. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Can't burn them to one DVD if they are seperate, and I told a friend of mine I'd get a DVD rip of the movie. If I was going to go and burn the two parts seperately then it'd be too much hassle. Downloading the single file version was a lot less hassle than that :p

    XhArD, Nov 3, 2005
  20. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer, shoulda worked though. Maybe u had a corrupt video that still worked :|

    unholy, Nov 3, 2005