AVI files

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by WiccaIrish, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. WiccaIrish

    WiccaIrish Guest

    I'm posting this for a friend, hope someone can help:

    When trying to convert/encode AVI files to DivX the following message appears:
    "Can not complete the converting. Please Check if the input file is really avi
    format. Try convert is to AVI with 'ALL to AVI' or 'ALL to DivX' first."

    This appears when trying to convert AVI to DivX, as well as ALL to AVI.

    Also, after Nero is done encoding an AVI file before burning an error message
    appears saying that there has been an error and that it cannot continue.

    Both problems happen with all AVI files, but not other files. It also happens
    with Roxio and Windows burning software. strange. What could be causing this?

    It is a recent reinstall of Windows XP and there are no updates to download.

    Also, there are times when the computer will not boot it will say that
    \Windows\System32\config\system is missing or corrupt.

    WiccaIrish, Oct 30, 2003