    I ran my AVG today and it indentified a virus ( java virus )
    AVG will not place the virus in the virus vault so it can be deleted.
    Any advise please.

    Andy Mann, May 23, 2005

  2. Andy Mann

    EricP Guest

    I take it this is the free version.
    If so, it finds loads of things and almost always fails to remove
    them. Or it removes them but forgets to tell you and *finds* them over
    and over again.

    EricP, May 23, 2005

  3. Andy Mann

    Miggsee Guest

    Miggsee, May 23, 2005
  4. Andy Mann

    Ben Myers Guest

    Try scanning with AVG in Safe mode.

    http://tinyurl.com/pfca

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 23, 2005
  5. Andy Mann

    old jon Guest

    Read the help file. Virus Vault settings properties. Altho` I think if it
    finds something in your Syyem Restore files, you have to switch off Restore
    run AVG let it do its job and then switch on Restore again. HTH. best
    wishes..J

    old jon, May 23, 2005
  6. Andy Mann

    °Mike° Guest

    AVG is a pile of poo. Get a decent solution.
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    °Mike°, May 23, 2005
  7. Andy Mann

    Ghostrider Guest

    AVG will identify the file(s) by name. Do a manual search
    for the file(s) using Start>>Search and delete the file(s)
    manually.

    Ghostrider, May 23, 2005
  8. Andy Mann

    ellis_jay Guest

    delete the virus yourself. It is in the jar. Start, search, java.
    It will be in a folder somewhere that you cannot open. Just delete it.
    Make sure you turn system restore off (in xp) first. Then do your thing,
    reboot dont forget to turn system restore back on.
    Re-scan.

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, May 23, 2005