    PC Guest

    If it's got a Virus "BIN IT"

    Paul.

    PC, Nov 28, 2004

  2. PC

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo All

    Have a number of virus' the vault. Went to "clear" the vault and got a
    message " are yo sure you want to clear?

    Which got me thinking that perhaps i shouldn't clear it out.

    Checked thru the help files but although i found info on the vault it didn't
    mention about clearing it out specifically.

    Did find a section on "healing" the file that contained the virus but it is
    not working - all the other items in the tool bar seem to be operational
    except the healing one.

    Is it ok to just clear the vault out or do i have to leave them in there
    indefinately?

    cheer

    anOLDun, Nov 28, 2004

  3. PC

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Lo All
    |
    | Have a number of virus' the vault. Went to "clear" the vault and got a
    | message " are yo sure you want to clear?
    |
    | Which got me thinking that perhaps i shouldn't clear it out.
    |
    | Checked thru the help files but although i found info on the vault it
    didn't
    | mention about clearing it out specifically.
    |
    | Did find a section on "healing" the file that contained the virus but it
    is
    | not working - all the other items in the tool bar seem to be operational
    | except the healing one.
    |
    | Is it ok to just clear the vault out or do i have to leave them in there
    | indefinately?
    |
    | cheer

    Make list of the files it has in there. If you don't recognise the file,
    check Google.com for that one to see if it is something you need to replace.
    If not, delete it. For the most part, the only thing there is trash. If it
    turns out to be a system file that needs replacing that can be done with
    your Windows setup disks. So if you do need to replace a file, *don't*
    replace it with the one that your AV quarantined.

    Any file that isn't a system file might belong to other software that is
    installed. Tracking them down isn't quite as easy. Sometimes you never do
    find out, until a particular program doesn't run correctly.

    And of course the third type of file would be data - word processor,
    pictures, music, etc. If the AV can't clean the infected file, take your
    losses and delete it.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 28, 2004
  4. PC

    foxtrot Guest

    i delete mine every time i get one

    i dont want it thereand ive had no probs so far

    foxtrot, Nov 28, 2004
  5. PC

    anOLDun Guest

    Yo All

    Thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.

    Gona go and check what and where they are then decide.

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Nov 28, 2004
  6. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    Tim, in AVG 7 when it says the vault is full, are they referring to
    it being fully activated?

    Old Gringo, Nov 29, 2004
  7. PC

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | > |
    | > | Have a number of virus' the vault. Went to "clear" the vault and got
    | > | message " are yo sure you want to clear?
    | > |
    | > | Which got me thinking that perhaps i shouldn't clear it out.
    | > |
    | > | Checked thru the help files but although i found info on the vault it
    | > didn't
    | > | mention about clearing it out specifically.
    | > |
    | > | Did find a section on "healing" the file that contained the virus but
    it
    | > is
    | > | not working - all the other items in the tool bar seem to be
    operational
    | > | except the healing one.
    | > |
    | > | Is it ok to just clear the vault out or do i have to leave them in
    there
    | > | indefinately?
    | > |
    | > | cheer
    | > |
    | > |
    | > Make list of the files it has in there. If you don't recognise the file,
    | > check Google.com for that one to see if it is something you need to
    replace.
    | > If not, delete it. For the most part, the only thing there is trash. If
    it
    | > turns out to be a system file that needs replacing that can be done with
    | > your Windows setup disks. So if you do need to replace a file, *don't*
    | > replace it with the one that your AV quarantined.
    | >
    | > Any file that isn't a system file might belong to other software that is
    | > installed. Tracking them down isn't quite as easy. Sometimes you never
    do
    | > find out, until a particular program doesn't run correctly.
    | >
    | > And of course the third type of file would be data - word processor,
    | > pictures, music, etc. If the AV can't clean the infected file, take your
    | > losses and delete it.
    | >

    | Tim, in AVG 7 when it says the vault is full, are they referring to
    | it being fully activated?

    Dunno...maybe someone else who uses AVG 7 can research that...I was writing
    on the assumption that the AVG vault is similar to the quarantine folders
    used by McAfee and Norton. In which case, it's a folder on the HD with no
    significant limitations on number of entries.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 30, 2004
  8. PC

    samuel Guest

    try the forum http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/index.php
    or the antivirus news group maybe

    samuel, Nov 30, 2004
  9. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    Tks

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2004
  10. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    Tks good info.

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2004
  11. PC

    samuel Guest

    welcome

    samuel, Nov 30, 2004
  12. PC

    Scraggy Guest

    Nope. It means the space allocated on your HD is full of crud. Double Click
    on the systray icon>Click on V Vault this will show the space allocated.
    Click on Open to deal with the contents.

    Scraggy, Nov 30, 2004
  13. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    Following your instructions, and opening the vault, It says "The
    vault is empty" On the main window when I click the Virus vault
    Button, under the main window above the 3 options buttons it says,
    "Virus vault is full. Virus vault contains 0 files with a total of
    0B. Size limit is 0B. (20% of the disk volume)" ??

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2004
  14. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    PS: I am thinking that the translation from one language to another
    plays a part in our understanding of what is being said. I have
    noticed other places where the term full is used meaning activated
    and working properly. ?? I am just using my guess here.

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2004
  15. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    P: Must have some kind of glitch. Found a defective module override
    button. It changed the Icon color and the warning color on the virus
    vault. It still says the vault is full. But when opening the vault
    it says its empty. I clicked the empty vault button then (Yes) on
    next window. Nothing changed as far as it being empty or full. I am
    at a loss now for sure and all my other ideas can be thrown out the
    window. :)

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2004
  16. PC

    Scraggy Guest

    This may be your problem. Open Virus Vault >press F8 >Drag slider to
    right/configure size to more than zero, which is what I inderstand you to
    say is the size of the vault. ( 0% size)

    Scraggy, Nov 30, 2004
  17. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    The slider bar was default at 10MB. I drug it 98 hit apply then took
    it back to 20Mb hit apply no change what so ever. Vault still says full.

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2004
  18. PC

    Scraggy Guest

    Mmm, Tricky. I can only suggest, the AVG forum or uninstall, remove Grisoft
    directory, run a reg cleaner then reinstall. Sorry I can't be of more help.

    Scraggy, Nov 30, 2004
  19. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    Nothing to be sorry about, I will try the uninstall and then
    everything else I can think of. Thanks for time and effort. :)

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2004
  20. PC

    Old Gringo Guest

    update :) That did the trick. Thank you ever so much.

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2004