    Running WinXP Pro on an Athlon 64 1 gig memory etc
    Thanks
    Riff

    riff, Jun 11, 2004

  2. riff

    Invisible Guest

    Disabling System Restore will delete it (along with all your restore points).

    Invisible, Jun 11, 2004

  3. riff

    riff Guest

    online virus checkers and an online worm checker, i don't think the virus is
    active, but its the annoying popup from avg which gets me. Maybe i will try
    reinstalling avg.
    cheers
    riff

    riff, Jun 11, 2004
  4. riff

    Invisible Guest

    Weird, that usually works. Re-installing probably won't help. Some virus' seem
    to get stuck in the restore volume and turning it off usually flushes it out.
    Tried disabling SysRes in safe mode or maybe Symantec have a removal tool?

    Invisible, Jun 11, 2004
  5. riff

    Howard Guest

    Download a copy of Knoppix, an OS you can boot off a CD with.
    http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/knoppix/KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-10-EN.iso

    Then you can blitz the System restore folder with one easy click of a mouse
    and reboot into Windows and you're away.

    Howard, Jun 11, 2004