    Disabling the email scanner feature allows logon.

    What do I have set up wrong?

    Edw.

    Special Ed, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Special Ed

    Carl Dove Guest

    Do you also have ZoneAlarm installed? I had the same problem and found that
    I had to uninstall then reinstall ZoneAlarm before I could connect to the
    server.

    Carl Dove, Dec 3, 2004

  3. Special Ed

    Another Fred Guest

    go to the AVG site and download a pdf file explaining firewall settings
    ( if you got a firewall installed on your computer)
    There is also a forum at: http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/ dealing
    with all sorts of queries, and if you register you can ask Q's to your
    hearts content.

    HTH
    Fred

    Another Fred, Dec 3, 2004
  4. Special Ed

    JonC Guest

    http://www.grisoft.cz/us/us_ts_wiz_outlook.php

    Think this link wil help.....I had similar trouble.

    JonC, Dec 3, 2004
  5. Special Ed

    Stephen Guest

    You're not the only one having this problem with AVG. Ever since I
    installed the latest AVG7, it has caused the PC to run slow, and
    caused programs to fail. I didn't have any problem accessing my email
    however. I had to uninstall it. Not sure what their problem is, but
    after seeing others out here posting similer problems, there must be a
    glitch with the AVG program!

    Stephen, Dec 3, 2004
  6. Special Ed

    Special Ed Guest

    Thanks for all the tips-- and in fact I do have Zone Alarm installed!

    Edw.

    Special Ed, Dec 3, 2004
  7. Special Ed

    Another Fred Guest

    Try this: in ZA go to Zones - ADD - Hostsite Description (ie.
    mail.ispprovider.com) Hostsite - trusted) and you should be able to get
    onto your mailserver.
    I had the same problem and found this solution on the forum.

    And by the way, I am running AVG free for the last 4 years without ever
    contacting a virus and apart from the little glitch you too seem to have
    suffered, I have never had a problem with AVG. AVG also refer you to a
    firewall issue if you are experiencing difficulties.

    AVG is Brilliant! :)
    Fred

    Another Fred, Dec 3, 2004