    anyone have any ideas what I should do. When I run AVG now it doesn't pick
    up these 2 files as viruses anymore but I'm not sure if I actually got rid
    of them or not. Thanks.

    Bud Light, Feb 26, 2005

  2. I always delete any infected file. Not once have I ever wished that I
    had an infected file back. If the file was necessary for some reason
    (they rarely are), I go back to the source and get it.

    Do an online scan or two such as Trend Housecall or Panda Activescan.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    Thanks. I always try and delete and infected files but this time it
    wouldn't allow me. Only allowed me to heal one of the 2 and afterwards I
    moved it to the vault. I also tried 4 other on-line scans including the
    ones you mentioned below and none of the 4 picked up the BackDOOR.Iroffer
    virus.

    Bud Light, Feb 26, 2005