    Robby Guest

    What should the average wage of an individual with a MCDST
    look for, or request when turning in one's resume?

    Robby, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Robby

    Hired Goon Guest

    MCDST is just a certification, not a job. If you don't have any IT
    experience then you can hope to make around $25-30,000 in an entry level
    helpdesk job.

    Hired Goon, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Robby

    Robby Guest

    I shall rephrase. Certain websites show "With X
    certification, the national salary average is Y".
    Certification.com states that individuals with only an
    MCP, have a national average of around 50k a year. I was
    simply curious how the MCDST would reflect on this. I
    realize that it is only a certification, but it is an
    accomplishment, and something to be respected.

    Robby, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Robby

    Hired Goon Guest

    Those websites are very misleading....
    Most people that persue certification already have some industry experience
    and in fact may already be in a high paying job where their employer pays
    all the fees for training and certification. What I'm trying to say here
    is that in the IT industry its your experience that determines your wage,
    not your certifcation; but of course the certification helps you get the job
    in the first place.

    Hired Goon, Apr 8, 2004
  5. Robby

    Neil Guest

    HARHARHARHAR....I'm sorry that's just too funny. Do you always believe what
    you read? I know some MCSEs that would like to make 50k. I think you will
    find that Goon's pricing is a little closer to reality. but, like baseball
    cards, everything is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.

    Neil, Apr 8, 2004
  6. Robby

    Neil Simpson Guest

    Whom, not who!

    Neil Simpson, Apr 9, 2004
  7. Robby

    Neil Guest

    why change it when I can get entertainment from it?

    :)

    Neil, Apr 9, 2004
  8. Robby

    DC BAugh Guest

    I'll just reconfirm what the other replies to this post
    have said just in case you think there is really another
    side to this. Again, It's all about experience in the I.T.
    field. Don't you think that if getting a high wage was as
    easy as getting a certification almost everyone would be
    making big money without experience. Do you personally know
    anyone with NO experience with a cert making a lot of
    money? Didn't think so. Your certification is an
    accomplishment and can help you get a job in the first
    place, but remember that you still have to prove yourself,
    and a certification cannot accomplish that for you. Don't
    get discouraged. Sometimes it can take a long time doing
    jobs that are not even at your technical level, but if you
    prove yourself you will eventually get the job and money
    you are looking for. There are NO silver bullets in I.T.,
    but that's exactly what certifications promise. Don't
    believe it!

    DC BAugh, Apr 18, 2004
  9. Robby

    Gameboy Guest

    Remember, it's not who you know, it's whom you know.

    Gameboy, Apr 22, 2004
  10. Robby

    dork Guest

    I thought it was not whom you know, but whom you blow?

    dork, Apr 27, 2004