    whitepapers? Can anyone confirm these cost estimates?

    thanks

    Hal

    hal, Feb 23, 2004

  2. hal

    Dan Guest

    Your prices are about right depending on what you are looking for.
    Cisco, MiTel and Nortel (some of the larger guys) all are proprietary
    and hide the real cost in their software as you need to buy their
    "call manager" type of software to run these phones, otherwise for the
    most part as useless. There are other IP phones on the marketplace
    that are completly stand alone for $100 more that their prices but
    dont require costly software as everything is built within thew units.
    I am not promoting but favour the Qtelnet phones and gateways for
    this reason.

    My thoughts :)

    Cheers ...

    Dan, Feb 24, 2004

  3. hal

    Arcaidy Guest

    You can get Cisco phones that range from about a grand (high end conference
    station) to $100 (cheapy 1 line).
    7960 and 7940, the phones that most people will want are in the 200 - 400
    range.

    Arcaidy, Feb 25, 2004