    - Free sharing of photos without clogging emails.
    - No minimum level of activity required.
    - 20 Free Prints [currently available in US only].

    John, Jun 30, 2006

  2. Set up an account on www.nzdsl.co.nz and it will keep a tally of your
    speedtest results and average results.
    My site has had LOTS of speedtests done and maybe 1 day I will compile
    results. But Nationally.. speeds
    between ISP's are all the same. Its usually different areas and
    international speeds are different.

    Thanks
    Craig Whitmore
    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz

    Craig Whitmore, Jun 30, 2006

  3. John

    Allistar Guest

    I live at Mount Maunganui and my download speeds are excellent, they come in
    pretty much consistently at 3300kbps, which is goof for a 3.6Mb plan.
    Upload speeds still suck, but that's not a technical problem.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jun 30, 2006
  4. John

    s.te.v.e. Guest

    By Consumers Institute....

    http://www.consumerspeedtest.org.nz/speedtest.php

    Mine is 1688k down and 488k up

    I can't get the 3.5mbps down becasue I'm too far from the exchange.....but
    the 488k up is MUCH better than 128k.

    s.te.v.e., Jun 30, 2006
  5. Decided to give this a try using my system and my company notebook which is on
    the same connection but runs over a VPN (Secure Client etc) most interesting to
    see the VPN overhead hit the speed.

    My system 1931/130 via the VPN on same connection 780/47 kbps

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jun 30, 2006
  6. I find this site very informative for testing your connection

    http://myspeed.visualware.com/voip/

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Jun 30, 2006
  7. John

    Shank Guest

    Hmmm. On my Telstraclear 2mb/2mb cable I get 1954/1414. Ran it 10
    minutes later and got 1988/1796. At 1:10pm on a saturday, not bad.

    Rob

    Shank, Jul 1, 2006
  8. John

    jasen Guest

    find a nearby server and download a large file

    Bye.
    Jasen

    jasen, Jul 1, 2006
  9. Here's another test site set up by the Consummer Institute:

    http://www.consumerspeedtest.org.nz/speedtest.php

    Robert Feigel, Jul 1, 2006