    Does anyone know how I can setup my IP Office to route outgoing calls
    via the internet like Vonage?

    Thanks

    alexharis, Aug 29, 2005

  2. alexharis

    Ian Guest

    Doe it support SIP ?, AFAIK it doesnt. It isnt even a true IPPBX
    first port of call would be the avaya website realy

    Ian

    Ian, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Best of luck, The only avaya kit I've played with was dire.

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 29, 2005
  4. alexharis

    Alan Ramsay Guest

    The IP office currently only supports IP handsets, or VOIP for it's
    extensions only (H.323 I believe). It doesn't natively support SIP trunks,
    in it's current firmware release, however it is on the road map, but not for
    a good year or so.

    I'm currently (or rather am about to) start experimenting with it. My
    thoughts on the matter are as follows:

    1. Get a couple of Cisco ATA186, configured for your VOIP service, and run
    these to 4 analogue trunk ports. You would then assign each of the trunk
    ports the same Outgoing Group ID (eg 2). Then set a short code as Short
    code=8N, Telephone Number = N, Line Group ID = 2, Feature = Dial

    2. Set up an Asterix server with some IAX or SIP lines; in the Asterix
    server put a PRI card, and connect this to a PRI port on the IP office; then
    setup as above.

    Hope this helps.

    Alan

    Alan Ramsay, Aug 29, 2005
  5. alexharis

    danycrixx

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try to set up a Avaya ip office for your office which are sponsored by many companies and you should select the best one which gives you the exact services.

    danycrixx, Feb 15, 2010