    running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I also
    would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to buy a good
    commercial virus checker.

    Scottie, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Scottie

    Craven Birds Guest

    Avasts' OK I've no problems with it. Also AVG as backup, this I have
    disabled. More than one AVP leads to problems IMO. Also have Mcafee VS also
    disabled and used occasionally;0)

    --
    Craven Birds

    Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
    http://cravenbirds.mysite.freeserve.com/
    http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds

    Craven Birds, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Scottie

    Smoker Guest

    I've been running Avast for a couple of weeks getting rid of AVG for not
    stopping virus attacks and causing a mouse problem. I run two programs at
    the same time and haven't had any trouble. I run a version of Trend Micro in
    my utility suite and Avast stopped email viruses before it was recognized by
    TM so I think it's pretty good. The Avast animated icon in the system tray
    is annoying.

    Smoker, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Scottie

    Sultan Guest

    Scottie wrote in
    I've tried Avast and ended up dumping it in favor of AVG, I like the Avast
    interface better but the darn thing would cause system problems. I run AVG
    along with Trend Micros Office Scan currently. As far as running both, yes
    you should be fine.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Scottie