    Tyneside - North East of England
    To email me directly omit the X from my address
    Visit http://freespace.virgin.net/mr.jimscott

    Jim Scott, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Jim Scott

    yleas Guest

    In Proxomitron, go to Config, select HTTP. In this you will see the
    Proxomitrons Port number that it uses. Change this to another port that is
    not used by anything else. There might be a way to change the Port number
    that Avast uses as well.

    <--snip-->

    yleas, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    |In Proxomitron, go to Config, select HTTP. In this you will see the
    |Proxomitrons Port number that it uses. Change this to another port that is
    |not used by anything else. There might be a way to change the Port number
    |that Avast uses as well.
    |
    ||> I use Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird with Avast
    |> antivirus and that is fine.
    |> I would like to use Proxomitron to mop up the last of
    |> the ads, but it operates on the same localhost settings
    |> as Avast. Is there a way round this?
    |
    |<--snip-->

    I be stoopid. Sorry.
    Avast is Thunderbird and Prox is Firefox.
    Got confused by a problem I had with Avast and Spampal.
    Doh!
    --
    Jim

    Jim Scott, Jun 2, 2004