    new kid on the block Avast, can anyone advise me if its actually better than
    AVG or should I ignore hype.............. if its hype.

    Thanks

    Bigfred, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Bigfred

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Well I've been using AVG for years now and I havent had any virus infections
    as of yet.... well, I also have symantec antivirus running too, probably
    catches the stuff AVG doesnt. :)

    Jeffrey Lennon, Jul 10, 2004
  4. Bigfred

    °Mike° Guest

    You could run a computer WITHOUT antivirus protection
    for years, and not get infected. That proves nothing.

    Oh, and please turn off the stupid, broken AVG signature.
    It serves absolutely NO purpose in a plain text medium,
    can NOT guarantee "virus free", and does not get snipped
    automatically in replies.
    That's not a good idea IF you have them both resident.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jul 10, 2004
  5. Bigfred

    Bigfred Guest

    I have seen this before in this newsgroup about switching off AVG Signature
    its seems to get some people rather riled , can you tell me why is this
    case, is there a reason why it should be switched off.

    Bigfred, Jul 10, 2004
  6. Bigfred

    Boomer Guest

    [snip]

    Boomer, Jul 10, 2004
  7. Bigfred

    °Mike° Guest

    Read my reply again. It's a spam mechanism from Grisoft,
    who refuse to fix the signature delimiter, which should be
    two dashes, followed by one space, followed by a CR/LF.
    As you can see, Grisoft refuse to replace their THREE
    dashes with two, which would at least allow for it to be
    automatically snipped in replies.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2004