    It reports far to many fake Positives, Plus on large Dnloads it reports a fake
    positive in one of the Dnloads but kills all the other Dnloads, With No option
    to Skip..

    Mary Hanna, Dec 3, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    impossible Guest

    Coming from the person who has never found an application he likes, this is
    a devastating critique.

    impossible, Dec 3, 2009

  3. Mary Hanna

    J.Wilson Guest

    Confirmed. Check out this link:

    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23428578-False-positive-in-

    Had a quick look at Avast.com but no help.

    J.Wilson, Dec 3, 2009
  4. Mary Hanna

    J.Wilson Guest

    Seems to have been fixed. Run a manual update.

    J.Wilson, Dec 3, 2009
  5. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Thanks great to know I am not the only one, not like other stupid people that
    post here that try to put me down all the time.

    The Tall Poppy Syndrome is rampant in this news group.

    I just dnloaded a new version of the Free Kaspersky tool and that got
    reported as a Virus.

    Mary Hanna, Dec 3, 2009
  6. Mary Hanna

    Max Burke Guest

    Virus definitions database v091203-1 update released to fix destructive
    false positive error in previous version.
    I have auto update turned on so the fixed def file was downloaded and
    installed over the faulty def file within a couple of minutes of the
    faulty one being downloaded. Stopped the false positives, warnings, and
    damage before it got too bad.

    The faulty def file trashes programmes compiled with Delphi...

    I had to restore 8 programmes from backups that were trashed by the
    faulty update.

    Other users on the Avast forums are reporting they've had dozens of
    installed applications trashed even when selecting the "take no action"
    option for the virus warnings.

    Not good AVAST!

    Max Burke, Dec 3, 2009
  7. Mary Hanna

    Cima Guest

    Avast ain't the only one recently:

    https://forum.f-prot.com/index.php/topic,1649.0.html

    Cima, Dec 3, 2009
  8. Mary Hanna

    victor Guest

    I do not think those words mean what you think they mean.

    </spanish accent>

    victor, Dec 3, 2009
  9. One doesn't seem to see too many tall poppies in this ng.

    There are one or two 'low poppies' though, if such a thing can
    successfully be imagined :-D

    {goes out to refuel the lawnmower}

    Peter Huebner, Dec 3, 2009
  10. Mary Hanna

    gtee

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    AVAST has become rubbish - Uninstalled and dumped.

    AVAST Has Become useless. I run Windows 7 64 Bit 24 hours a day, and the last update was rubbish. The program has been getting slower, but the last update, blocked the net and froze the computers, not even allowing me to maximize what was running (amongst other things). I removed AVAST and problems solved.

    I cannot understand why these programs are being updated, which seems to be mostly cosmetic, and then no longer work or become ridiculously intrusive. I do not run my computers and networks to run AVAST, or any other AV or firewall or support program, these should be silent until needed, and not take over the system in an obnoxious manner.

    gtee, Feb 26, 2012