    clicking OK after the first dialog box message)

    Anyone any ideas what this means or why it is appearing?

    Many thanks,

    T. Denford, Apr 15, 2005

  2. T. Denford

    °Mike° Guest

    You need to determine what asvc.exe is -- I don't have Avant
    installed, so I can't tell you whether it's part of the package
    or some kind of malware. If it's not in your Avant browser
    folder, then run malware removers and antivirus programs.

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    Now maintained by InterMute
    http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    °Mike°, Apr 16, 2005

  3. T. Denford

    T. Denford Guest

    OK thanks for your help and advice Mike.

    T. Denford, Apr 16, 2005
  4. T. Denford

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.