    Connection and select "View Available Wireless Networks", it opens up that
    dialog, but the only active button is Cancel and everything else is faded
    out. How do I activate this feature? Thanks

    Guest, Aug 22, 2004

  2. You need to start the Wireless Zero Configuration service (WZC)
    Go to administrator tools -> Services, it's at the bottom

    Set it to 'automatic' and it will work each time you start the computer

    Jeroen van Bemmel, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks. That worked great!!

    Guest, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well hello, look 3 messages down from yours to "wireless connection
    properties doesnt show". Welcome to my world, I have been working on this for
    2 days and nothing. Let me know if you get it sorted. Have tried all the
    recommended and am missing something somewhere. So best of luck.

    Guest, Aug 22, 2004
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    New Vaio TR3A, WZC running automatically, external pc card can connect fine,
    but when button turned on for wireless network, right clicking properties,
    again advanced and connect are greyed out, Intel Pro Wirless 2200BG

    Guest, Sep 13, 2004
  6. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    Make sure that no other s/w for wireless config is running.
    Especially look for Intel Proset or Adapter switch utilities.
    In properties of the wireless connection, uncheck all non-Microsoft's protocols.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 13, 2004