    because of a problem with the sensor. Amazon UK show no availability
    for several weeks, but not Amazon US.

    Anyone know any more about the problem?

    Noon, Nov 29, 2005

  2. I have no idea what the problem is... but they have been nigh-on unavailable
    for a couple of months. We have had two specially ordered come through in
    the last couple of weeks, and that's it. There is a lot of speculation, both
    on possible faults (the EN-EL3 recall helped that, but doesn't make much
    sense) and potential replacements (a D80, anyone?). The best I heard (from a
    D70s customer, wouldn'tchaknowit) is that it was "too good" for the price,
    and Nikon were pushing D50s and D200 preorders to the different ends of the
    D70s market instead.

    I am not really willing to speculate on the above, but i'm also rather
    suspicious that it seems to coincide with Canon's difficulties in supplying
    some L lenses (a 70-200/4L order took THREE MONTHS)... perhaps some import
    or manufacture issues?

    Martin

    Martin Francis, Nov 29, 2005

  3. D70s doesn't use an EN EL3 battery, it uses an EN-EL3a, not subject to
    recall - yet! However, I have one or two reservations about my D70s - it
    keeps switching to a flashing LCD display of "off". Haven't approached
    Nikon yet. Anyway, it's still a b****y good camera.
    Geoff.

    Geoff Hayward, Nov 29, 2005
  4. That's why it doesn't make sense :)