    if they are uncommon? Where do viruses/worms/trojans typically
    reside if they gain access?

    TIA

    Joseph N., Sep 13, 2003

  2. Joseph N.

    °Mike° Guest

    <Inline>

    Only executable files, UNLESS your system is infected. In that
    case, ALL files should be scanned.
    Only data directories, not directories with executable files -
    even macros - and certainly not system folders.
    Anywhere, even the recycle bin in one notorious case.
    More typically, they reside in system folders, but don't let that
    lull you into false security.

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2003