    please help my configure aux port

    Regards
    George.

    george.hakobyan, Apr 13, 2006

  2. george.hakobyan

    Rainer Temme Guest

    George,

    in router1 you need to set the aux-port to have the same settings
    as the console line of router2 (9600baud 8bit 1stop noparity is std)

    this is done with

    line aux 0
    stopbits 1
    databits 8
    speed 9600
    parity none

    you want to make sure that console output of router2 is not interpreted
    as login-attepmt to router1 so you add

    line aux 0
    no exec

    eventually the aux-port was used to hold a ppp-modem connection, and
    there is still a async-interface configured ... this needs to be deleted.
    To find out the name ... do a

    show line

    the output should contain one line with Typ=AUX and a
    certain Tty number.

    do a
    no interface Async XXX
    where XXX is the Tty-number of the output of "show line".

    Now, your AUX-line is prepared to be used.
    Connect to your local AUX-line by
    - telnetting to router1 and then (within router1)
    telnet ROUTER1_IP 2000+XXX
    ROUTER1_IP is router1's IP-address
    2000+XXX is Number XXX plus 2000 so ... if XXX was 5 then use 2005

    - If no accesslist is denying it
    telnet router1 2000+XXX
    from elsewhere in your network. (This should connect the telnet to the
    AUX-port.)

    Remember one other thing: for the connection from
    router1-AUX to router2-CON ...
    you need a _rollover_ cable !!!
    not a straight cable,
    and not a LAN-crossover cable.

    (rollover is 1-8 2-7 3-6 4-5 5-4 6-3 7-2 8-1)
    (straigh is 1-1 2-2 3-3 4-4 5-5 6-6 7-7 8-8)
    (crossover is 1-3 3-1 2-6 6-2)

    hope this helps ... Rainer

    Rainer Temme, Apr 13, 2006

  3. george.hakobyan

    Rainer Temme Guest

    oops, forgot this ...
    add a

    line aux 0
    transport input all

    Rainer

    Rainer Temme, Apr 13, 2006
  4. Hi Rainer,

    First of all thank you for your respond

    I hawe don this step
    1.
    line aux 0
    stopbits 1
    databits 8
    speed 9600
    parity none
    no exec
    2.
    connect router1 aux port to router2 consol port via rollover cable
    sh line
    Tty Typ Tx/Rx A Modem Roty AccO AccI Uses Noise
    Overruns Int
    0 CTY - - - - - 0 0 0/0
    -
    1 AUX 9600/9600 - - - - - 0 11170 0/0
    -
    * 2 VTY - - - - - 26 0 0/0
    -
    3 VTY - - - - - 2 0 0/0
    -
    4 VTY - - - - - 0 0 0/0
    -
    5 VTY - - - - - 0 0 0/0
    -
    6 VTY - - - - - 0 0 0/0
    -
    1/00 Digital modem - - - - - 0 129 0/0
    -
    1/01 Digital modem - - - - - 0 129 0/0
    -
    1/02 Digital modem - - - - - 0 125 0/0
    -
    1/03 Digital modem - - - - - 0 124 0/0
    -
    5/107 Digital modem - - - - - 0 104 0/0
    -

    Line(s) not in async mode -or- with no hardware support:
    7-215, 600-647
    I cane not find interface async xxx
    :(

    George

    george.hakobyan, Apr 17, 2006
  5. george.hakobyan

    Rainer Temme Guest

    George,

    "show line" shows your aux-line as tty-1 therefore the corresponding
    async-interface woule be "interface async 1" ...
    if this interface does not exist in your config everything is already
    in order. If it exists, you have to delete it with

    conf term
    no int asy 1
    exit

    Now, try a telnet your_routers_ip 2001

    your_routers_ip is the ip-address of one of your
    local interfaces (except NUL).

    Rainer

    Rainer Temme, Apr 18, 2006
  6. george.hakobyan